Information on Case Western's Nursing Program

<p>For future/current applicants:</p>

<p>Case Western's Nursing Program is one characterized by hefty clinical experience. Over 1600 clinical hours are completed, with clinical hours beginning during freshman year. The majority of the hours are completed at either the Cleveland Clinic or the University Medical Center. Cleveland Clinic is roughly 10 minutes away from campus by bus ride, and the University Medical Center is on campus and about a 5 to 10 minute walk from most campus locations.</p>

<p>This year the Bolton Scholarship for nursing students was offered to each candidate admitted to the school. While the website reports that the upper range of the scholarship is $18,000, many students got $22,500 from Case this year, so I think that the scholarship website is outdated. Case's large funding for nursing students allows them to attract the brightest and best applicants, so the applicant pool is fairly competitive.</p>

<p>According to the freshmen I talked to, research opportunities are very available, with many students presenting at national conferences each year. The staff encourages student participation in research, resulting in highly skilled graduate nurses.</p>

<p>Case grads are well recruited upon graduation according to the students I spoke to, but with nursing jobs in Central Ohio drying up some students are forced to work harder to secure a job. </p>

<p>This information is not meant to be comprehensive, as I am not a Case student but rather I was admitted to Case's School of Nursing for Fall of 2010 , but</p>

<p>Smart.cookie, congratulations on your acceptance and scholarship! You must indeed be a smart cookie. You point out that acceptance to Case’s nursing program is competitive. Would you happen to know what stats an applicant would have to possess in order to have a decent shot of getting in?</p>

<p>In all of my research of Case’s program I was never able to find avg. ACT, SAT, and GPA of entering freshmen. That being said, a strong applicant would fit Case Western’s academic profile (university-wide)</p>

<p>SAT: 1210-1410 (out of 1600)
ACT: 26-32
Class rank: 63% in top ten percent, 87% in top quarter</p>

<p>Keep in mind that the SAT and ACT ranges are for the middle 50% of accepted students, and that applicants with lower stats are still competitive for admission.</p>

<p>The CWRU 2009-2010 Common Data set provides most of the information.
Freshmen Profile
<a href=“http://www.cwru.edu/president/cir/200910cds/admissions10.pdf[/url]”>www.cwru.edu/president/cir/200910cds/admissions10.pdf</a></p>

<p>Oops. In my post I meant “I was never able to find the avg. ACT, SAT, GPA of entering NURSING freshmen.” I imagine that the students admitted to the School of Nursing are quite consistent in qualifications with those listed in the Common Data set provided by aglages.</p>