Intended major ( music)

<p>Hi! I’m a junior and I will be applying to UC’s next year and I have almost no knowledge about the whole applying system :c </p>

<p>I want to do music-related or anything related to art in college but idk if I should put it down as my intended major. I’ve been playing piano for about 11 years and I love to compose and perform but I do not want to restrict myself into just music when I’m in college. I’m into all types of arts ( fine arts); like graphic-design, fashion,etc. </p>

<p>Idk if I can write fine art as my intended major? ( if fine art major even exists)</p>

<p>I really want to show that i’m passionate about arts and that i’m sure I will be majoring in that area but my counselor told me that writing down the intended major isn’t going to help much. I hope my intended major will increase my chance at UC’s because I’m really into arts and stuff… </p>

<p>Is there even a fine art major in UC schools? and can I write my intended major and increase my chance or something?:o</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I don’t think your intended major will make that much of a difference at the UC level unless you are declaring a major which is more difficult to get into, such as engineering. UCs look very heavily at sophomore and junior year GPA and SAT or ACT scores. They also add letters of recommendation, ECs and special circumstances into the mix. </p>

<p>I may be wrong, but I don’t think there is a “Fine Arts” major. The majors tend to be more specific, such as visual arts, performance arts, music, etc. </p>

<p>Maybe you can go on the website of each UC and look at the majors offered.</p>

<p>FWIW, CSU Northridge has a truly outstanding music program.</p>