International student targeting T20s [3.85 GPA; 26 ACT diagnostic, 1140 SAT diagnostic]

What are the percentages you list next to the schools?

Is this your chance of getting in, according to yourself ?

1 Like

Yup so the format said to put the % chance of me getting in based on my own opinion, I’m really not sure so im just guiding myself by what ive seen and what my counselor has told me

OK - well - you’re really asking the group here, what they think.

So you answered your own questions by saying - it’s going to be very very difficult to get into any school you listed.

So if you can afford any school, there are lots of safeties - including schools that would love to take your money. And you’ll have to go Test Optional. You may think you can raise a 26 to 35 - and I hope you can but that’s not realistic.

Elon might be a safety. Or a Hofstra or Bradley. Alabama would be a safety as would Arizona, Missouri, and so so many publics.

Syracuse may be a match TO or other similar schools such as Pitt, Penn State, Colorado, etc.

You listed many reaches but you might take it down a notch - a U of Miami, Maryland, Wisconsin, Georgia, Wake Forest, Babson, etc.

If you get the test up it will help a lot.

Good luck.

2 Likes

You really think it will be that hard to get the scores up? I have tutors, prep books because of family members, dedication and one year to prepare

I wish you luck - and yes, it can happen. But 35 is at the 99 percentile. Anything is possible but it would be rare a score will go up that much.

It will help but it likely won’t get you into your reaches. Argentina may help
and you might apply to need aware schools (that want your money and know you can pay) such as Wake Forest, Case Western, etc. as reaches.

If you are a prospective student for the class entering Fall 2025, then, to be honest, it is premature to discuss the possibilities of getting into a top-notch school for Computer Science. You have time to improve upon your standardized test scores and GPA. If you intend to gauge the prospect of getting into a school of your choice, please find out about the number of students, that were admitted, in the recent past, to these colleges/universities, from your school, and study their profile.

1 Like

However, some of the schools included in that site are not particularly notable for their economics programs. For the OP’s interests, then, only some of them are comparable with Trinity College.

2 Likes

Please note that the OP has not expressed an interest in computer science.

2 Likes

But several have a finance major like Fordham and some like Holy Cross have a finance specific major like accounting.

It is the risk of posting a link. They are only a tool and little more. At least this one is current and interactive.

You’ll need to make sure colleges can evaluate your math level.
Penn, for instance, expects Wharton applicants to have had calculus (differential and integral calculus) as part of their math coursework. Because international transcripts may only indicate “math”, some detail may be necessary, either from the guidance counselor or a recommender if s/he is a math teacher.
No need to self study AP Statistics or any AP as long as you have some sort of national benchmark that your academic work can be compared to.
Being 1 or 6 in your class is good but what does it mean for your city, your region, or your country? Are you top 25% for the country, top 10%, top 5%? Can your counselors/recommenders say so?
Any chance you can move from the A2 to the B1 certification?
Rather than the CAE can you prepare the IELTS? The FCE is already going to give colleges an estimation of your English level but it’s mostly known in the UK/in Europe, the US would know the IELTS (closer in model/format to the FCE) or the TOEFL.
You’ll have no problem finding reaches, so let’s concentrate on likely (odds are 60%+), match (50-50), safety (quasi certainty you’ll get in). These must have some characteristics in common with your favorite “reaches” (=“odds are, you won’ get in”): vibe, environment, rural/urban, academic profile, presence of Greek life (though as an international you may not “qualify” at some universities), region, weather

Trinity (CT) is a good suggestion; look into Fordham Lincoln, Wake Forest, American University, Oxy (Occidental College), UPuget Sound, Santa Clara, Southwestern, SMU (TX), perhaps Davidson, Lafayette, Dickinson.
Among publics, UMD Smith, Penn State Smeal; perhaps U Vermont and MiamiOhio for the environment. Always apply to the Honors college if possible.
For a safety CUNY Baruch (with the honors college) but it’s a 99.5% commuter college so you’d need some sort of social network; there’s a residence, it’s expensive but it sounds like costs aren’t a problem.

5 Likes

Below are a number of schools sorted by my very fallible sense of what your chances for admission might be at these colleges (and I tend to chance conservatively). They are primarily in bigger cities, though not exclusively, as that seemed to be one of the common threads of the schools you mentioned earlier. They generally have good reputations for finance and business, and/or are located in regions that are very strong in those areas. All of the schools that you mentioned in your original post, I would place in my “low probability” category. The schools I included in my “low probability” category are probably likelier schools than the ones from your first post.

Extremely Likely (80-99+%)

• Indiana University – Bloomington: About 34k undergrads. You would not be automatically accepted to the Kelley School of Business, but you would be extremely likely to get into the university as a whole and, if you met expectations, then get into Kelley, which has an excellent reputation.
  • Manhattan College (NY): About 3200 undergrads
  • Marquette (WI): About 7700 undergrads, in Milwaukee
  • Seattle (WA): About 4200 undergrads
  • Suffolk (MA): About 4200 undergrads, in Boston
  • Temple (PA ): About 26k undergrads, in Philadelphia
  • U. of Arizona: About 37k undergrads, in Tucson
  • U. of Cincinnati (OH): About 29k undergrads. Focuses on incorporating co-ops while in college.
  • U. of Nebraska – Lincoln: About 20k undergrads
  • U. of North Carolina – Charlotte: About 24k undergrads
  • U. of St. Thomas (MN): About 6100 undergrads, in Minneapolis
  • U. of Texas – Dallas: About 21k undergrads
  • Xavier (OH): About 5100 undergrads, in Cincinnati

Likely (60-79%)

• Bryant (RI): About 3100 undergrads. This school is primarily considered a business-focused college.
  • Butler (IN): About 4500 undergrads in Indianapolis
  • Creighton (NE): About 4500 undergrads in Omaha
  • DePaul (IL): About 14k undergrads in Chicago
  • Drexel (PA ): About 14k undergrads. Focuses on incorporating co-ops while in college. In Philadelphia
  • Loyola Chicago (IL): About 12k undergrads
  • U. of Houston (TX): About 39k undergrads
  • U. of Minnesota – Twin Cities: About 36k undergrads
  • U. of San Francisco (CA): About 6k undergrads

Toss-Up (40-59%)

• Baruch (NY): About 16k undergrads. This school has many students who commute rather than having a more residential focus. In New York City
  • Bentley (MA): About 4k undergrads. This school is primarily considered a business-focused college. In the Boston area.
  • Rutgers – New Brunswick: (NJ): About 36k undergrads, not far from New York City.
  • Texas Christian: About 10k undergrads, in Fort Worth.
  • U. of South Carolina – Columbia: About 27k undergrads

Lower Probability (20-39%)

• Fairfield (CT): About 4600 undergrads
  • Fordham (NY): About 9900 undergrads in New York City
  • George Washington (D.C.): About 12k undergrads. In Washington, D.C.
  • Ohio State: About 47k undergrads in Columbus
  • Providence (RI): About 4200 undergrads
  • Santa Clara (CA): About 5900 undergrads, in the San Francisco Bay area
  • Southern Methodist (TX): About 6900 undergrads in Dallas
  • U. of Wisconsin – Madison: About 35k undergrads

Low Probability (less than 20%)

• Babson (MA): About 2600 undergrads. This school is primarily considered a business-focused college and is located in the Boston area.
  • U. of Miami (FL): About 12k undergrads
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.