Interviews--- do they offer them or not?

There seems to be conflicting info about Emory interviews. Their Admissions FAQ says they do not offer evaluative interviews. However, last years RD thread seems to indicate many students are interviewed and there were several alum interviewers responding as well.

My D23 applied RD-- early for merit. Should she also have requested an interview somehow? Thanks!

Why doesn’t your D contact admissions and ask?

since the Emory site says they aren’t offered she is hesitant to bother them about it. I’m hoping to get info here that either confirms they do not offer them or provides enough info that they do so that she feels justified in reaching out.

I saw the statement below on the website Frequently Asked Questions | Emory University | Atlanta GA so if interested she can contact admissions. It seems that Emory’s interviews are informational rather than evaluative.

Per the website “Emory does not offer evaluative interviews with admission staff or alumni. If you would like to speak informally with an Emory alumnus, please contact admission@emory.edu.”

The website also says that demonstrated interest does not play a role in admissions decisions but if your D would like to learn more about the college then she should contact them.

3 Likes