Is 1038 words too long for UCs?

<p>Is 1038 words too long for the UC Personal Statements??</p>

<p>mines around 1090 so i hope not!
i tried to make the essays shorter but i can’t! =(</p>

<p>Thank you for replying lexyMLIA.</p>

<p>The website said a little over was no big deal but they don’t define A LITTLE well enough. Lol, I think we should be okay.</p>

<p>As long as it’s not so long as to be tedious, I think you’re all right. :]</p>

<p>i think so too.
sweet =)</p>

<p>What do you mean, pandareta?</p>

<p>If it doesn’t ramble on and on-- to the point where they notice how far over the word count it is-- I think you’re alright. If those extra thirty-eight (or ninety) words are well-written, engaging, and essential to your story, then it won’t seem strange to have a little extra length.</p>

<p>Okay, that makes much more sense. I’ll be fine I think. Hopefully… =/</p>

<p>Mine is 1,041. If youre screwed then im screwed :P</p>

<p>Haha, well let’s hope we are good then. </p>

<p><em>crosses fingers</em></p>

<p>By the way, I lowered it to 1032 :D</p>

<p>You guys are talking about with your two essays combined right?</p>

<p>They have a word limit of 1100 words on the online application.
So up until that, you’re fine.</p>

<p>Wow, okay thanks alot musictomyears, I didn’t know that. :)</p>

<p>i think the cutoff is at 1030.</p>

<p>i think under 1100 is fine
people get away with 1070</p>

<p>1012 is supposed to be your absolute maximum. I know most of you are not college students, but you should be able to write what you want to write in the given restraints… I personally talked to admissions officers, they have to read a 2308942738905348 zillion essays and tend to start getting ****ed off when they are over the 1012 limit. </p>

<p>one told me she stops reading at 112, but for the most part you should be fine, given the compassion of the officers.</p>

<p>Are they really checking word counts? If I was in admissions, I think I’d just attempt a read of every essay and as soon as they start to miss the point or drag on, 1000 or 1050 or 1100 words, I’d just move on. People stress way too much over this.</p>