Is a double major in chemical engineering and biomedical engineering possible?

<p>If I was to go to Madison, then I would not need a foreign language, English courses, and social studies courses. So, is it possible to double major in biomed and chemE (I would be willing to take summer classes).</p>

<p>If you want a BS in both then not needing foreign language will save you 3 classes(9 credits?). Have you tested out of Com A and Com B and taken AP courses to cover the Literature requirements? </p>

<p>The Catalogs for those majors are:
[Undergraduate</a> Catalog, University of Wisconsin-Madison | College of Engineering](<a href=“Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison”>Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison)
[Undergraduate</a> Catalog, University of Wisconsin-Madison | College of Engineering](<a href=“Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison”>Guide < University of Wisconsin-Madison)</p>

<p>They seem to share a lot of Gen-Ed classes, but there are a lot of the engineering courses you would need to take.</p>

<p>No, from what I understand, you can’t major in two things within the engineering department. You can major in an engineering and something from another department (so you could do biomedical engineering and chemistry, or chemical engineering and biology), but not two engineerings. Even if you tried to, you’d be in college for an extra year or two, and your courseload would probably kill you…</p>

<p>It sounds like only one engineering major is possible. You may be able to take a number of courses in your secondary engineering field. However, due to facilities limitations courses may not be open to nonmajors. Once you get to college you will decide which field most appeals to you. You will find plenty to do in that field. At some point you have to make choices- you can’t do everything. Pick your college for the overall best fit.</p>

<p>Thank you for all your replies.</p>