Is it Easy to Make Friends as a Transfer Student at TCU?

I am a transfer student who has TCU as their first choice. I visited the school and loved it, but I didn’t get to see what the culture there is like. Are there a lot of affluent snobby people there? Is it cliquey? Is it really hard for transfer students to meet people and make friends/ have a social life?

There are unlimited options to be involved in a club or activity of some sort and that is a great way to make friends with like-minded individuals. My daughter has built a strong community through her major and department, but it’s not a huge department so that may be why. Yes, there is a lot of wealth, and we are not wealthy. My daughter does not find that snobby-ness among her wealthy peers but she thinks it exists in the Greek system. There are 8,800 undergraduates, so there is diversity. In our opinion, it’s a great size to have all the amenities of a big school but not get lost in the bureaucracy of a big university.

transfer TCU student here ask me any questions you want !

What was your GPA. I have a 3.7 with almost 60 credits. I applied back in January. Did you receive any scholarships and how is TCU on aid? Thanks

@“Alex.vic22” I had a 3.8 and got the faculty transfer scholarship. TCU is VERY generous on aid especially if you have a EFC of 0

this is my second account btw