Is it possible to write a letter of continued interest to UCSD and UCI?

I got waitlisted by both, but am I allowed to send them an email about my updates in my application? They aren’t anything SUPER major, like I got into NHS, got an award for a writing competition that had competitors from all over Southern California, and my grades have improved. Is this enough to write a letter, if I am allowed to write one at all? Also, how do I go about withdrawing SIR from SLO if I decide to go to these schools if I get accepted?

I would send an update.
Also, if there is one that is your first choice, then tell them that you would attend 100% if admitted (only do this with one).

From another CC post " You just have to e-mail the Undergraduate Admissions and tell them you wish to cancel your SIR. I send them an e-mail and got a reply that they took me off their list the very next day. Here’s the e-mail: admissions@calpoly.edu"

But always with WL, start thinkng more about the college you WERE admitted to.

UCI considers an applicants level of interest but UCSD does not based on the common dataset so an LOCI would make sense for UCI.

Thank you for the replies. @bopper @Gumbymom What should I include on the LOCI like application #, major, birthday, name and would it be an email to the admissions office or which email? And also, should I should submit housing and such for the school I have SIR’d to right? And will I have ample time to deal with financial aid package stuff if I get accepted off the waitlist or should I call housing and financial aid? Thank you again.

You should put down all deposits for the school you already SIR’d since getting off the UCI or UCSD waitlists is not guaranteed.

You can just send a message with any updates and your LOCI through the UCI portal message center or you can appeal the waitlist and provide any documentation needed.

https://www.admissions.uci.edu/apply/faq/appeals.php

@Gumbymom Thank you again, so I would just choose the option that says “Send other message,” since none of the other categories for the message center apply? I just want to make sure I’m sending the LOCI the correct way. And should I attach anything such as my transcript or proof of my achievements? (I’m not sure how I would prove NHS.)

Choose which option fits best, Other will work. You can attach your grades but NHS will not have much impact and you do not have to submit proof. Just state what specifically UCI can offer you and you can offer UCI. Why are they your #1 choice…