Is Nursing boring?

<p>After I expressed interest in Nursing, my dad told me that I should steer clear because I'll get bored. </p>

<p>My main reason for going into nursing is to help people and take care of them. Blood, guts, and puke have no affect on me. </p>

<p>Is it true that Nursing is a boring field? I don't want to spend my entire career doing mundane tasks and to wake up when I'm forty, completely wiped out and miserable.</p>

<p>What are your opinions?</p>

<p>The main complaint I hear from nurses is that it is too stressful, not that it is boring. A RN is a highly skilled person. There are less skilled and lower paid staffpersons who do most of the mundane work.</p>

<p>Do some volunteer work in a hospital or other health care setting so you can see what nurses actually do during their workday. Don’t wait to sign up - some hospitals have a limited no. of volunteer slots and they fill up.</p>

<p>Is your dad a nurse? most non nurses have no idea what my job entails and it doesnt matter one bit how many times they were hospitalized or watched generL hospital. Yes, after time it can get mudane as can any job . I wouldnt say boring, very stressful. I have seen so many interesting things. this is just med surg. you can be a nurse and work in a prison, locked psych ward, dialysis, OR, adult icu, peds icu , er, a trauma er, methadone clinc, labor and delivery, insurance companies, telemetry unit, cardiothoracic icu, neuro icu, iv therapy team, endoscopy, alot more. many of these are often only available to experienced nurses but believe me the years pazz quickly</p>

<p>boring - could be said of any field. The question is, would YOU find it boring? Have you tried to volunteer at a hospital to get an idea of what a nurse does? Have you spoken to any nursing currently working in the field? Find out for yourself if you think this is an interesting field. Also, ask your dad why he feels you will find this profession boring. Then compare his thoughts with what a nurse can tell you about the job.</p>

<p>A nursing degree also opens up future opportunities for other specializations - such as Nurse Educators (who are in extremely high demand), Nurse Anestheologists, Nurse Practioners, School Nurses, health care administrative careers, etc.</p>

<p>NO! I shadowed in the ER and saw so many things. Every person has different symptoms and health issues so you never really get bored. It really is an amazing field. Definitely go shadow or volunteer at the hospital. That is the best way you can see for yourself</p>