Is the "A, A-, B+, B, B-,...,D, D-, F" considered the "A, B, C, D, F" Grading Scale on UC App?

This is probably a really stupid question but I want to make sure I don’t put it as the wrong thing. I tried searching for this thread but couldn’t think of how to word it.

The main reason I ask is because the Community College I go to is on A, B, C, D, F scale with no +/- but my high school is with +/- so should I put my Grading Scale as “Other” for my high school and manually put it in for each class?

Also I know this isn’t the Common App or Coalition App, but also being new here, I couldn’t find the place for UC Threads. Sorry, but I bet I’ll have the same question when it comes time for those applications later as well. Thank you!

@VeronikaZMV . . . sorry, I just saw your thread just now.

Yes, remove the pluses and minuses from your high school grades to convert to UC grades. The University is assuming that the pluses and minuses will balance out. Edit: Then add in your cc courses, which don’t need this process.

But theoretically, you could have a 3.67 high school uwgpa but have a 4.00 UC average, if you have nothing by A- grades 10th-11th. That’s why if a teacher is wavering between giving you a B+ or A-, hopefully (s)he would give you the A-, so you’d get a 4.0 for the class instead of a 3.0.

Then proceed to add the +1 weights for wgpa, with capped weighted courses for UC gpa, etc.

Let me add that there are even high schools that give out > 4.0s for those who get A+ grades. This would end up being the opposite process; it’s still a 4.0 for UC purposes.

All the best.

Awesome, thank you!