IU Bloomington Admissions Fall 2022

Applying to Indiana University - Bloomington in 2022? This is the spot for the future class of 2026 to ask questions, swap stats, and share news and admissions updates with others applying to IU Bloomington.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the info below and then share your stats, activities and more.

IU Bloomington 2021 Admitted Student Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 3.8
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 32.3%
Mean SAT Score 1236
Admissions Test Policy Submitting test scores is optional
Applicants Submitting SATs 77%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 52.7%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If any of the data seems off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, feel free to update this post. Just click the Edit button in the lower right corner.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at IU Bloomington, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

1 Like

Hi! Has anyone heard back on being accepted or denied? Thanks!

1 Like

Not yet! My D applied in late October.

You should visit the IU Bloomington EA Fall 2022 thread. I think it’s the main thread everyone is visiting. Decisions are already out. We’re still waiting. Submitted 10/29. Good luck!

1 Like

I have been accepted to IU Bloomington. Got accepted around October 15.

I applied on October 26 and then heard back today (November 24).

Congrats! Do you mind letting me know when you got the email that your application is complete?

I never got an email saying that my application was complete, I just checked the portal and it said I was accepted. The portal said I’d get an email within a week of my acceptance date (not sure exact day since I just randomly checked).

oh I see, thanks tho and good luck with the rest of your college application

thanks, you as well!!!

1 Like

Anyone care to share, particularly if in-state, what kind of award was offered (like Provost scholarships, etc.) and what your stats looked like?

We applied to IU college of arts and sciences on oct 29. Instate. Everyone ekse after us seemes to have recieved acceptance.We have not gotten one yet. Is there any reason for us to worry? Any one else in the same boat?

I just received an acceptance yesterday, and I applied before 10/29, so I don’t think there is any reason to worry. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you. Hoping for the best🤞

1 Like

I was accepted! Waiting on Kelley now

Anyone apply at the end of November get an admission decision? DD22 applied Nov 27, just wondering how long we have to wait for a decision.

hello! does anyone know when RD decisions come out? i applied last minute (jan 30th) and i was curious to hear when i’ll know!

I think they’ve been coming out randomly, because I applied last minute as well (same date in fact), and I’ve already gotten my acceptance letter from them. Usually RD decisions go on till end of March, so I guess keep checking your email and Atlas. Hope this helps!