IU (Kelley) vs. Purdue (Krannert) vs. UPitt vs. Gonzaga vs. TCU vs. Baylor for Business

Hi - my kid has a Direct Admit to Kelley but we are worried about the program being too competitive as I see in Poets and Quants that 74% of the class is in the top 10% in high school. Wanted to get inputs on whether it would be very hard to survive there (my kid has 3.6 unweighted GPA i high school, 31 ACT).

How would this compare with the programs at Purdue, UPitt, TCU, Baylor or Gonzaga? I realize those are not as prestigious as Kelley and don’t have as high a ranking but wondering if they would be more manageable and less competitive.

Direct Admission should be a good indicator that he will succeed there. The intense competition would be more for Investment Banking Club which leads to very high paying jobs. You can also interact with current kelley student on this thread.

IU is relatively easy to get into for a near top tier direct admit.

I wouldn’t ay rank = competitiveness. It’s a much larger school that the others you mentioned - campus and school.

Pitt is in a city. Baylor is more religious.

You need to find the right school for you as you have to be there all four years, day after day, and all these are fine programs. TCU is on the quick rise - as you see in Poets & Quants since you’re using that as a resource.

Good luck.

One thing we considered with a similar list of acceptances was the size of the program. My student chose a smaller program. Kelley has almost 10,000 undergraduates, so probably close to 2,000 incoming freshmen. Even if my daughter was fine with the rigor of the program, she knew that she would be overwhelmed by the size — not just the class sizes, but even how competitive the environment will be to get into clubs. Some of the business schools on your list are smaller, which may be beneficial to a student who hasn’t yet gained confidence in his academic skills.

1 Like

Unless your son is seeking a top IB job all would be very good choices. Pick one that fits best for him.

Pitt and TCU are small programs. I think Pitt business only enrolls 3-400 every year. Lots of opportunities in Texas.