Judge my chances please

<p>Hi all,</p>

<p>I am an International student, currently studying 12th Grade in the United Arab Emirates in a school which follows Indian curriculum CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).</p>

<p>I just wanted to know what my chances are in getting admission into Purdue University of Aeronautical Engineering. </p>

<p>I dont have GPA grading in my school. The grading is purely based on marks obtained:
9th - 85%
10th - 90%
11th - 80%</p>

<p>My school does not have GPA grading but if it had then my score MIGHT be :-
9th - 3.7+ (coz i got A's in all my subjects)
10th - 3.7+ (coz i got A's in all my subjects)
11th - 3.2 - 3.4 (coz i got A's and B's)</p>

<p>I had also recieved a half-fee scholarship in grade 11.</p>

<p>ACTIVITIES :
I have been selected to attend the Global Young Leaders’ Conference (GYLC) in Washington/New York this year.
Swimming
Singing
Made Robot for science exhibition
Created a presentation on the periodic table
Helped the team in coming 3rd in an inter-school robot competition
Part of the school Anti-Smoking Committee
I have been learning Indian Carnatic Music vocal for over 10 years and have give a and half hour concert. I have also been learning Carnatic Music violin for over 3 years. </p>

<p>SAT SCORES:
MATH - 700
CR - 600</p>

<p>Going to give it again to get a score around 1350 - 1400.</p>

<p>Going to give SAT II's in November. Will get above 750 in maths, physics and chemistry.</p>

<p>Teacher Recommendations will be really good. Not sure what the school counsellor will write (but got info from previous school mates in US universities that we usually get really good recs).
Am going to start working on the essays when the apps are released and HOPEFULLY they should be good.</p>

<p>Will appreciate all responses. good as well as bad.</p>

<p>Opinions on chances of admissions will also be accepted for the following universities as well UMich, Ann Arbor, UVA, UIUC, University of Notre Dame, UCLA and Cornell University. </p>

<p>Thanks all.</p>

<p>Your chances are excellent. Foreign student are an asset to Purdue. About 75% of applicants are accepted. Good aero eng school.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>You definitely have a high chance of getting into Purdue, and I think that goes the same for UMich. Dunno about the others though.</p>

<p>Is there any honors program in engineering at Purdue.</p>

<p>If so, what are my chances of getting into it.</p>

<p>There is a first year honors engineering program at Purdue. I got done with it this May. These are the requirements for eligibility:</p>

<pre><code> * Merit scholarship recipient: which includes but is not limited to: National Merit Finalist or Scholar, Beering Scholar, Dean's Engineering Scholar, Minority Engineering Program Honors Merit Award, or Women In Engineering Program Honors Merit Award
</code></pre>

<p>OR</p>

<pre><code>* High school metrics: An SAT of 1360 or an ACT of 31 AND top 10% class rank or 3.8 on a 4.0 Purdue calculated GPA (Math, Science, English grades only).
</code></pre>

<p>The program definitely has its pros and cons though. It can and most likely will kick your ass. But if you're into that, then it has its benefits. On paper, honors first year means nothing, so if you're just looking for a resume booster, then don't bother.</p>

<p>thanks for the reply.......it was very detailed and i will certainly look into it and take my decision</p>

<p>will my chances decline a lot if my GPA for grade 12 is around 2.8+/4.0.</p>

<p>I have decided not to take the honors program coz i wont get it unless i get all A's in my grade 12.</p>

<p>I also wanted to know when i would get a reply from Purdue if i sent my application form by Nov. 30.</p>