Leaving the state after graduating

<p>I’m a high school senior from Tennessee and I’m strongly considering attending UA next year. I really like the campus and the university but I absolutely do not want to live in the south my entire life. I couldn’t imagine living in or near Alabama or home long-term after I’m out of college. </p>

<p>How common is it for Alabama graduates to get jobs in other regions? If it’s uncommon, would going to graduate school in a region where I’d like to live offer me a better chance of livin? I plan to double major in computer science and math, if that makes a difference. </p>

<p>It’s up to you. You can get a job in another region or you can go to grad school in another region. It’s up to you.</p>

<p>In recent years, most graduates have been from the state, so likely many have gotten jobs in the region. Now that more OOS students are attending, as they graduate, they’ll be looking for jobs in other regions.</p>

<p>I think you will be pretty mobile with CS/math skills. You won’t need a regional grad school connection. Just do grad school when and if you want.</p>

<p>If you post your question here <a href=“Math/Computer Science Majors - College Confidential Forums”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/math-computer-science-majors/&lt;/a&gt; there are some guys that frequent the forum that can likely give you some information to alleviate your concerns.</p>

<p>It will take a little more work on your part on the job search but I think you will be able to find a CS job in most any area of the country with a degree from UA or any other reputable school.</p>