Liberal Arts College or normal University for journalism?

<p>Sorry, this will be a little long.
First off, obviously I want to major in Journalism (probably add a second major -Public relations or media).
My main problem is that most normal public or private 4 year universities have general education requirements and I HATE MATH. I get Straight A's in math class but I hate it and I also take private lessons in math. I really don't think I can take math in college - especially that I feel that Precalculus is difficult (even though I have help from my tutor) - so the idea of taking precalculus and Calculus is very scary (especially that I can't afford a private tutor during college) </p>

<p>So here are my to the point questions: </p>

<p>1- In my case is a liberal arts college better for me?</p>

<p>2- how important is ACEJMC accreditation? (none of the liberal arts colleges are accredited) </p>

<p>3- will I have similar opportunities in a liberal arts college?</p>

<p>4- please list the pros and cons and suggest some good LAC for journalism</p>

<p>--I can't pay more than $30k a year (excluding dorms, living expenses, etc...)</p>

<p>Ps. I am good in Algebra and geometry. And I don't know if I am bad at math or is it the teacher (we had the same teacher for 2 years - before he started teaching us I actually liked math -I could be wrong it may be bcz the difficulty level increased)</p>

<p>Anything? Anyone? Please?</p>

<p>For some colleges, you don’t necessarily have to take calculus, just <em>some</em> type of math. </p>

<p>Most LACs don’t offer a journalism major, so there’s that. </p>

<p>I’d say that it’s pretty important to go to an accredited school.</p>

<p>That’s what I thought, just needed reassurance. Thank you so much :)</p>