Likelihood of getting into UCB/UCD

Hey there!
So I’m currently a junior in high school, and school has ended — college apps are going to be here before I know it, and I just wanted to see what people thought of my chances of getting into my dream schools, so here is a look into my stats:

Freshman Year (First/Second Semester)

• PE: A+/A+
  • Spanish 1 CP: A/A+
  • Biology Pre-AP: A/A-
  • English 1 CP: A+/A+
  • Health Science Occupations (elective): A+/A+
  • Algebra 2 Pre-AP: A/A-
  • Extracurriculars: HOSA, Key Club

Sophomore Year (First/Second Semester)

• PE: A+/A+
  • Chemistry Honors: A-/A-
  • English 2 CP: A+/A
  • Geometry CP: A+/A+
  • Spanish 2 CP: A/A-
  • World History AP: A+/A+
  • Extracurriculars: HOSA, Key Club, CSF, Science Olympiad, Red Cross, Tutoring Club
  • AP Exams: World History (2)

Junior Year (First/Second Semester)

• Pre-Calculus Honors: B+/B+
  • US History AP: B+/A-
  • AP Psychology: B/B-
  • Spanish III Pre-AP: A/A-
  • Chemistry AP: B+/C+
  • English III AP: A/A
  • Extracurriculars: HOSA (Vice President), CSF (Vice President), Key Club (Division Coordinator), Red Cross, Tutoring Club
  • AP Exams: US History, Psychology, English III (scores not released yet)
  • Note: Second semester my AP Chemistry teacher got into a serious accident and was absent for the rest of the year; despite me consistently asking the replacement teacher for more opportunities to bring up my grade (as there was only two assignments that gave us this opportunity, assignments that did not impact my grade AT ALL), I was always shot down, and ended up hopeless.
  • Rank (from 1st sem.; 2nd sem. TBD): 14/367

Senior Year Schedule (TBD)

• English IV AP
  • Biology AP
  • Spanish IV AP
  • Calculus A/B
  • Government and Politics AP
  • Media Productions (to fulfill my art req.)
  • Extracurriculars: HOSA (President), Key Club (Home Club President, Division Coordinator), CSF, Tutoring Club, Red Cross, CSF, Science Olympiad (?)

I have not taken the SAT or any subject tests yet, however I will be taking the SAT in June and August. As for SAT Subject Tests, I have Math II and Spanish scheduled in October and Biology E/M for November.

I have over 150 community service hours, and will likely have more than 250 by the end of my senior year. I also attend a public high school.

I live in Northern California, and I have a plan to stay up here during my college years. I want to pursue a career in Optometry, and UC Berkeley is my dream school. However, from looking at how poor my grades were Junior Year as in comparison to my underclassmen days, I feel as though my chances of getting into Berkeley at this point have been shot down. UC Davis has been my second choice for a while now, but it isn’t my ideal campus; my third choice as of now in terms of Northern California would be San Jose State University.

Essentially, my question is if these statistics are good enough for getting into UC Berkeley (or UCD/SJSU). I would like to believe so; ever since I visited Berkeley, I immediately fell in love with the campus and the people, making it my ideal school not only for that but because of the fact that I’ve heard that UCB is a great school for individuals interested in pursuing a career in optometry. Not so sure about what major I’d choose yet, however I will be looking towards that later in the summer.

I would appreciate the honesty (really, be as brutal as you can), and thank you for your time!

Calculate your UC GPA: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

UCD and SJSU will use the capped weighted UC GPA while UCB will also use your fully weighted UC GPA.

SJSU admits by eligibility index and major (CSU/UC GPA x 800) + (SAT Math + CR).
Below is a link for the EI thresholds by major. Unless you plan to purse CS at SJSU, you look like you have a solid shot at all the other majors.

http://www.sjsu.edu/admissions/impaction/impactionresultsfreshmen/index.html

Without test scores it is difficult to gauge your chances at UCD and UCB. Also need your UC GPA so please repost after you calculate.

You have good HS course rigor and decent EC’s.

Unweighted GPA: 3.78
Weighted GPA: 4.17
This is not counting senior year courses, as I just completed my junior year of high school.

Senior year courses are not used on the GPA calculation. Also based on posted grades, your capped weighted UC GPA is 4.0 (PE not included) and your fully weighted is 4.27. UCD is definitely within reach but you still need competitive test scores. UCB is always a tough admit but definitely worth an application. Unless you are happy with SJSU as your backup safety school, you should widen your search and college list. With the UC’s there us no guarantees.

Freshman admit rates (2016) for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19(capped/weighted):

UCB: 14%
UCLA: 14%
UCSD: 44%
UCSB: 54%
UCD: 58%
UCI: 65%
UCSC: 85%
UCR: 94%
UCM: 96%