List of Top, Prestigious Awards

Thanks for the link Ostonzi!

Those aren’t sample open exam questions, are they?

I’ve always thought of it as MOP being a finalist, so USAMO qualifier would kind of be like semifinalist.

Well, in that case it’s a semi-final competition that about 0.1% of all initial participants qualify for…vs. the 10% that qualify for Bio and Physics semi-finals…

What about National History Day?

How about attending interlochen, tanglewood, etc.? How do those impact college admissions in regards to our list of rankings?

Where are you from raiderade? And history day has already been talked about it you go back about 5 pages, or until you find a list of awards (it doesn’t have to be the most recent, the last time it was listed was pretty accurate in my opinion.)

yeas what about interllochen or state summer music programs requiring an aufition??

I have a general question.

You know some of these awards that teachers have to nominate you for? Like being really active at school with clubs and etc.?

Well how do they know that you are active? I’m not in a lot of clubs right now but even if I were, my teachers would have no way of finding out…

What is classified as a USNCO semifinalist or finalist? Would making National Exam be “semifinalist”? How would you explain getting honors or high honors? I’d say the 20 campers are “finalists”… so the honor/high honors people would be stuck somewhere between these two?

~10,000 take the local exam
~900 make it to National Exam
~100 get “honors”
~50 get “high honors”
~20 get to camp
4 go to IChO w/ 2 alternates

~10,000 take the local exam ** Not a prestigious accomplishment **
~900 make it to National Exam ** 4-6 **
~100 get “honors” ** 5-7 **
~50 get “high honors” **7 **
~20 get to camp ** 8-9 **
4 go to IChO w/ 2 alternates ** 10 **

what about an IMO IPHO ICHO bronze??8 perhaps??

If you are an American citizen that would put you at a 10…

if 1991 has an IMO IPHO and an ICHO bronze.
he will be worshipped right now.

i mean an IPHO or IMO or IchO bronze…

lol. its easily a 10.
GETTING there is basically a ten.

and what would you consider an AIME qualification to be?? 7??? a friend of mine told me that 3000 get in AIME but only 1000 of them are 11th graders so will be competing against us in the admissions.in IchO/IMO/IPHO/IBO there are 400-500 ppl but i doubt if more than 100 of them will competing against us. what do u think ostonzi??

Dude, which country do you live in 1991? There are only 6 IMO qualifiers, of which maybe 1 or 2 are <11th grade…

yea. what country are you in>?

i live in greece.i mean all around the world.