List of Top, Prestigious Awards

^No joke. southeasttitan was this person’s username. Do a search.

Awards aren’t everything. Neither are scores. One of my kids had two 9s, an 8, a seven, three 6s and a 2380 single sitting. Went 2-2-1 at T-15 schools.

^Lol that’s unfortunate, it makes your kid look like someone without character, or disastrous essays/recs. Maybe you should post more info.
I am positive that if you had three 10s and everything else was only slightly above average for an ivy applicant, you are still in anywhere.

^Well, yes. Although anyone with three 10’s probably has excellent stats all around. Looks at Phillip Streich.

^That’s just a correlation though.

There was a guy (forget his name) who was on two international science olympiad teams (and a lot more), and he was rejected from all the Ivies. Except two I think. Cornell maybe?

From CC? or from news?
CC is not reliable in that fashion.

CC.

Nah, ask around. I’m sure a couple of people know him. He used to be a CC regular and everyone thought he would make it big. Kinda like Databox.

He posted in one of the results forum…
I’m trying to find it.

And yea. Maybe he was lying. But he sounded so remorseful when he got rejected :[

EDIT: I can’t find it…His username started with a G I think. But maybe I’m thinking of God :stuck_out_tongue:

I updated this to include some more writing/arts stuff. IMO a national medal at Scholastic Art & Writing should be a 7, not an 8; but portfolio gold merits a 9–it’s on par with Pres. Scholar of the Arts.

10 - D1 athlete, IMO/IPHO/ICHO/IBO gold medals, Intel (top 10), Siemens National Winner/National Finalists, ISEF top 3 Grand Prize
9 - ISEF(1st places), Siemens Westinghouse (finalists), MOP, Intel Finalist, Presidential Scholar, Davidson Fellow, Presidential Scholar of the Arts, Scholastic Art & Writing Portfolio Gold Award
8 - TASP/RSI/NIH Research, Science Bowl/Ocean Science Bowl/NAQT winners, USPhO/USChO/USABO/USAMO/USACO national finalist (inclusive of USAMO qualification), Siemens Semi-finalists/ISEF(2-4 places), Intel semifinalist, Running your own <em>successful</em> business,
7 - Selective summer programs or competitions, such as SSP, Clark Summer Program, ARML top score, Scholastic Art & Writing National Silver or Gold Medal
6 - USPhO/USChO/USABO/USACO semifinalist, AIME, Science Olympiad National medals, Congressional Award Gold Medalist
5 - National Latin Convention 1st Places Academic Contests, All-Eastern/all-regional music, National History Day winner
4- Perfect Score (Multiple Years) on National Latin Exam, or other languages, some state awards (all-state music, etc), Science Olympiad state medals (depending on what state you’re from), USAMTS Gold, National History Day
3 - All-County music, winning at local/regional science fairs, Eagle Scout, National Merit
2 - Bank of America Awards, most local awards/trophies (art, music, community - although they will say something about your character), Essay Contests, State History Day
1 - National Honor Society, Beta Club, School Departmental Awards, School Honor Roll
0 - Who’s Who, National Honor Roll

Where would Academic Decathlon come in this, especially when your school does not offer most of this?

Also by D1 athlete does it mean recruited to play on the team (for example, im good enough to play tennis for a D1 team but not for any of the ivies, who have teams that are ridiculously good)?

Are you talking about WaitingForGodot?

And speaking of Databox, what happened to him? I haven’t seen him around for ages…

^Yea! :]

Is Databox a junior this year?

Edit: I just stalked Waiting. That’s weird…I could have sworn he made IPhO. But I think USAMO, ISEF, Siemens, and RSI should’ve pulled him through anyways…

Haha well Waiting was somewhat of an aberration, his app was PERFECT…there must have been some huge personality/recommendation flaw considering that he was rejected everywhere except UVA…

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that Databox is a junior this year…he just kinda disappeared!

Databox probably decided that CC was a waste of his time since he’ll probably get in almost anywhere. Unless he becomes the next Waiting…

Edit on my last post: It was Intel, not ISEF. And he was a quarterfinalist on the Physics Olympiad which explains my insistence on him making IPhO. Since he wasn’t even waitlisted/deferred anywhere, the only thing I can think of is maybe his essays/recs came across as narcissistic.

Or he was a ***** in real life. Sad.

Maybe all those colleges owed UVA a favor.

Why didn’t he apply to more schools? Caltech, Berkeley, etc…
They would’ve been good alternatives to MIT.

haha probs…that kid was pretty incredible
although waiting had better stats than databox, i have a feeling that he’s going to fare better when it comes to college admissions considering that he seemed like a pretty chill guy under all of his insane stats (e.g. (if my memory serves me correctly) he was class prez or something like that and had a girlfriend…haha now i’m going to go and try to convince myself that i’m not a stalker…)

that is a very reasonable assumption…

I would like to alter this list ehhem…

10-Nobel Peace Prize and or Olympic Gold Medal

^get that and you’re in anywhere ^^

^I don’t think Obama or Michael Phelps will be applying anytime soon…

Wharton: Yea. Data’s probably a “personable” person in real life. He did make a lot of threads on his stats sophomore year though…

He just got a girlfriend like…a week ago.