List of Top, Prestigious Awards

^And the Facebook stalker WOULD know.

Haha yea prolly is…um yeah, maybe sudden sophomore year anxiety or something? I’ve often noticed that some of the best applicants have the most serious doubts about their apps…

Haha and I thought that I was the stalker…how do you know? And he might have gotten another one, because I’m pretty sure that he had one back when I joined CC too…

Yep, he quit b/c he realized it was “a completely horrible waste of time” for him…makes sense considering he’s well DataBox.

DataBox actually seems like pretty cool guy and is super nice on FB atleast.

I’m pretty sure he got his first GF a couple weeks back too (no stalk)

And Lawlz a FB stalker.? No wayyy. :wink:

^haha. He’ll come in any minute now and blame it on the ole Newsfeed.

Pretend to buy it guys.

fairy_dreams, who are you?

Update:

10 - D1 athlete, IMO/IPHO/ICHO/IBO gold medals, Intel (top 10), Siemens National Winner/National Finalists, ISEF top 3 Grand Prize
9 - ISEF(1st places), Siemens Westinghouse (finalists), MOP, Intel Finalist, Presidential Scholar, Davidson Fellow, Presidential Scholar of the Arts, Scholastic Art & Writing Portfolio Gold Award, NFL Nationals winner (speech and debate)
8 - TASP/RSI/NIH Research, Science Bowl/Ocean Science Bowl/NAQT winners, USPhO/USChO/USABO/USAMO/USACO national finalist (inclusive of USAMO qualification), Siemens Semi-finalists/ISEF(2-4 places), Intel semifinalist, Running your own <em>successful</em> business
7 - Selective summer programs or competitions, such as SSP, Clark Summer Program, YESS, and MITES. ARML top score, Scholastic Art & Writing National Silver or Gold Medal. NFL Nationals qualifier (speech and debate)
6 - USPhO/USChO/USABO/USACO semifinalist, AIME, AMC 12 school winner, Science Olympiad National medals, Congressional Award Gold Medalist
5 - National Latin Convention 1st Places Academic Contests, All-Eastern/all-regional music, National History Day winner
4- Perfect Score (Multiple Years) on National Latin Exam, or other languages, some state awards (all-state music, etc), Science Olympiad state medals (depending on what state you’re from), USAMTS Gold, National History Day, JETS TEAMS National Finalist or Regional winner
3 - All-County music, winning at local/regional science fairs, Eagle Scout, National Merit
2 - Bank of America Awards, most local awards/trophies (art, music, community - although they will say something about your character), Essay Contests, State History Day
1 - National Honor Society, Beta Club, School Departmental Awards, School Honor Roll, Key Club, CSF, Interact Club
0 - Who’s Who, National Honor Roll, National Society of High School Scholars

i love how all y’all are fb friends, nice =D

haha “a completely horrible waste of time?”…that’s kinda harsh! wtvr floats his boat i guess…

oh i guess i may be mistaken, but for some reason i was pretty sure that he had one before that too…haha wtvr

hahaha. tomjones, I’m no one in particular. You probably think I’m a stalker, but Lawlz just mentioned you a few times while we were on the subject of Siemens.

that seems so weird ^^ being fb friends with cc ppl

^That’s the consensus of the majority of CC.

Lawlz is actually my only friend. But it doesn’t even matter anymore because my fb is gone :[ Well, not technically gone. Just blocked from all my browsers.

My iTouch’s wifi suffices for now.

^she means only CC FB friend. just to clear up any ambiguities there.

advanced lawlz,
No crappy essays or recs. Not a one-trick pony. Au contraire. It was a pretty clear case of fit. S’s apps screamed “I belong here” at the two T-10s (and T-10 LAC and flagship w/full ride plus stipend) where he was accepted, and I think the other schools figured that out.

In retrospect, he would have been miserable at the schools where he was waitlisted/rejected. We know other Intel finalists who did not get into Ivies, too. Given that Intel looks at much more than the project (transcripts, SAT, recs, essays), it’s reasonable to say those students weren’t total duds, either.

10 - D1 athlete, IMO/IPHO/ICHO/IBO medals, Intel (top 10), Siemens National Winner/National Finalists, ISEF top 3 Grand Prize
9 - ISEF(1st places), Siemens Westinghouse (finalists), MOP, Intel Finalist, Presidential Scholar, Davidson Fellow, Presidential Scholar of the Arts, Scholastic Art & Writing Portfolio Gold Award, NFL Nationals winner (speech and debate)
8 - TASP/RSI/NIH Research, Science Bowl/Ocean Science Bowl/NAQT winners, USPhO/USChO/USABO/USAMO/USACO national finalist (inclusive of USAMO qualification), Siemens Semi-finalists/ISEF(2-4 places), Intel semifinalist, Running your own <em>successful</em> business, AMC Perfect Score
7 - Selective summer programs or competitions, such as SSP, Clark Summer Program, YESS, and MITES. ARML top score, Scholastic Art & Writing National Silver or Gold Medal. NFL Nationals qualifier (speech and debate), Congressional Award Gold Medalist
6 - USPhO/USChO/USABO/USACO semifinalist, AIME, AMC 12 school winner, Science Olympiad National medals, Congressional Award Silver Medalist
5 - National Latin Convention 1st Places Academic Contests, All-Eastern/all-regional music, National History Day winner
4- Perfect Score (Multiple Years) on National Latin Exam, or other languages, some state awards (all-state music, etc), Science Olympiad state medals (depending on what state you’re from), USAMTS Gold, National History Day, JETS TEAMS National Finalist or Regional winner, MUN Gavel
3 - All-County music, winning at local/regional science fairs, Eagle Scout, National Merit
2 - Bank of America Awards, most local awards/trophies (art, music, community - although they will say something about your character), Essay Contests, State History Day
1 - National Honor Society, Beta Club, School Departmental Awards, School Honor Roll, Key Club, CSF, Interact Club
0 - Who’s Who, National Honor Roll, National Society of High School Scholars

i was just looking through this and saw:

***? this fool has extremely amazing stats and a life??? how the hell is that possible? please do fill me in!

^Someone go stalk her <em>ahemLawlz</em> and tell us if she’s hot or not.

haha yeah idk how he pulls it off…

and fairy i’ll go and ask him to send me a picture or something since i think that i have him on aim!

It all depends on you. There are obscure awards that have major consequence/meaning to them, especially if they are selected from an international pool, by a major university or the government, or both.

That being said, don’t prop up what can’t shine out.

What’s important is why and how you got the award and what it means to you, not what the award is.

It’s not impossible to have impressive stats and a relationship. If it’s a good relationship, it should be replenishing, in a way. I’ve never played a sport (though I’ve had a serious boyfriend for nine months), but I imagine it’s like being heavily involved in a school sport. Everyone I know who does school sports gets their work done much more efficiently after practice because they know they have to, and their bodies and brains are somehow re-energized from working them so hard.

^Yes, it’s definitely feasible, but apparently this databox dude has impressive stats, plays multiple varsity sports, significant extracurriculars, and a relationship! Insane much?

So I just had a convo w/ data on aim, and he was actually nice enough to show me a pic (under the condition that i wouldn’t show it to anyone else) upon my request…

And hawt dayum, his gf is really beautiful…i’d totally tap that haha jp, but yea she’s really quite good looking…considering how nice his gf looks, hopefully he’s decent-looking as well?