LLM Tax Law Programs

Any current LLM Tax law school applicants ?

Anyone willing to share thoughts about their LLM Taxation experience ?

Has anyone earned a post-JD LLM in a field other than tax law ?

If yes, then are you willing to share your thoughts & experiences about the value of earning an LLM ?

Responding mostly to bump this thread back to the main page. I only know a handful of people who completed the LLM in Taxation. I just have a JD, but we all ended up working for the same big bank. I did not get the impression that the program was too difficult to complete.

Another colleague earned an LLM in dispute resolution and works as a mediator. She obtained her law degree in a foreign country and felt getting the LLM here helped familiarize her with American law and legal processes.

I hope others chime in but you may have better luck on law school specific discussion forums.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.

To be clear, I am very familiar with law school LLM programs, but am curious as to others’ experiences and results.

Typically, those with foreign law degrees have to enroll in a US LLM program in order to be able to sit for the bar–something permitted by just a handful of states-so I find it unusual and interesting that one with a foreign law degree enrolled in an LLM program for dispute resolution instead of one of the typical LLM programs for those with foreign law degrees.

1 Like