Looking for a college counselor to help our daughter get into UC San Diego

Hello – we have a child who desperately has her heart set on attending UC San Diego. She is extremely bright and wants to pursue marine biology. We are having a very hard time getting any referrals for quality and qualified college counselors who can help her navigate the admissions process and give her the best chance possible of going to her dream school. She has taken a couple of summer weeklong high school courses through the Sally Ride Institute and has already visited the campus as well as the aquarium at Scripps. She is a straight A student but her demographics (caucasian, California resident whose parents have both attended college) are not going to help her stand out. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for any help!

What year of high school is your daughter in now?

Edit to add: I see the thread is now closed. I meant to redirect the conversation, since I don’t think the OP really needs to hire a counselor either :slight_smile:

This website is not the place to look for referrals to private, for profit college advisors. You might have better luck posting on a relevant community social media page. Closing.

ETA: I personally think your daughter sounds strong enough to get into UCSD without the need for a private advisor. Make sure she doesn’t hyper-focus on a dream school though. Having a balanced list including match and safety schools is really important.

5 Likes