Lowest Accepted GPA/SAT Stories to UCB, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, UCI and UCSB

@PinkCommunist That UC weighted GPA is literally impossible, ur calculating it wrong.

I have around a 3.5 UC Weighted GPA, and a 33 ACT with a 36 on the math section. Decent Essays, also ADD

7 AP’s taken throughout high school including senior year

Decent extracurricular’s including VP of a non-profit organization for 3 years, Boy Scout with completed Eagle Project(put in awards section; but haven’t received eagle), and Math tutor

I applied to all UC’s except Merced as undeclared, and wanted to know if I could get into UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, or UC Irvine. I don’t care much about Santa Cruz or Riverside.Please chance me accurately lol

a 3.5 is going to make all of those listed an iffy proposition.Did you apply elsewhere?

Applied to SDSU,SJSU, both Cal Poly’s, and Indiana (Kelley). I didn’t apply to a competitive major for the UC’s if that helps my case, but I really want to get into UCSB or UCSD

I don’t know enough about Indiana to provide anything but a guess. CP SLO - probably not, CPP and SDSU probably (for all but their most competitive programs). SJSU is an anomaly as their admission threshold varies more widely by major than any other campus I know - and the threshold really moves around year to year (check the 2016 and 2017 Undeclared and Accounting Majors here)

http://www.sjsu.edu/admissions/impaction/impactionresultsfreshmen/index.html
http://www.sjsu.edu/admissions/impaction/impactionresultsfreshmen/F2016.html

You’d have been easily admitted into both in 2017 but not 2016. It also looks like they are hedging on alternate majors for next year, making it a real roll of the dice.

http://www.sjsu.edu/admissions/impaction/

Depending how it all works out, if you really want to attend UCSB, you may want to head to a CC and use TAG to transfer.

I think all majors are impacted at SDSU btw, so I think that means every major would be competitive, not sure how impaction effects competitiveness tho.

I have a UC GPA of 4.1. H.S Weighted GPA: 4.3 (UW:4.09). Got a 4.00s my fresh and soph year. 4.50 junior year.

SAT: (1300/1600) (A lot of people at my school are not as intelligent so they’re mostly 1000/1600)

EC: not as great b/c I was left behind on knowing that EC mattered and always thought they were useless, but my junior year I made a huge attempt to make a comeback and did stuff that really got me out of my bubble.

Essay: Personal, but also creative and extraordinary. Talked about my disorder that held me back in participating in social activities and things that most people don’t like but I do.

Major on all UCs: Undeclared (and yes I don’t know what I wanna do yet)

Applied to: Every UC and 6 CSUs

They look at each applicant differently, and for my case I ‘lagged’ behind most of my peers on social activities, and I hope they take mercy on me b/c of my disorder haha, but there are so many that are way more qualified, so I’m hoping for the best. (Desired UC: UCI, UCR, UCLA, UCSD) (Desired CSU: CSULB, CSUF, CSULA)

GPA wasn’t good. Didn’t get in anywhere competitive.

what was ur gpa and what did u get into, also what were ur test scores??? @ethellou

I got admitted to UCLA with a 3.5 GPA and a 1030 SAT but tbh my grades from junior year to senior year were extraordinarily good, I also feel my essays helped a lot because I explained why I did bad my first two years of high school.

I just got into UCSB for political science with a 3.48 weighted gpa and 30 on the act. But my essays were 10/10 and my extracurriculars involve heavy leadership in almost every branch at my school as well as leadership in my community.

I was admitted to UCLA L&S with a 3.7/3.8 UC GPA and a 1540 SAT. Not quite sure why I was admitted tbh

What major pal?

Hey guys! I just wanted to post about how lucky I’ve been for anyone who is freaking out about the admissions process, like I was, because they have a low test score. So, first off, I have a 26 ACT (but 11 on the writing, who knows if it helped me) and a 4.15 UC GPA. I don’t have some crazy family life or very sad story, although my set up at home is unique for sure. I applied to 15 schools total and was accepted to 11, denied from 2, waitlisted at 1 and haven’t heard from Cal yet. Among those I was accepted to include: Tulane, UC Davis, UCSC, UCLA (WHERE I AM GOING AND WOW I AM SO EXCITED), Cal poly, George Washington University, SDSU, USD, Lewis and Clark and then just some total safeties. Denied: Northeastern (don’t even know why I applied because I don’t like it) and BU (but guarantted admission as a transfer after a year). Considering my low score, this is a miracle (especially UCLA - I’m still in shock). Don’t lose hope! Work hard on your essays and have faith! Do your research. I did not have private college counselor. I had teachers read my essays.