Loyola Extraordinary - Anyone going?

<p>It's held Saturday & Sunday, March 29-30. For those of you going, do you think it'll be worth it?</p>

<p>I have been to Chicago many times, but wife and d have never been, so we are going out (from new jersey) on Friday. I guess we will tour WT campus on Saturday even though she will probably be at LS campus, then go to Scholars night at the Field. We will then do the whole tour of LS on Sunday and fly out that night. </p>

<p>She was already accepted, but has never seen the school. It is the only school she is considering that is outside the east coast. I hope it is worth it - it should be interesting.</p>

<p>I'm also going, dcathoops. Are you staying at the "host" Orrington Hotel? That's where we're staying, and unfortunately we weren't able to get the "Loyola Admitted Student" discount, since Loyola reserved a limited number of spots at the hotel. So we're paying $200 for the one night that we're staying.</p>

<p>I hope the event on campus will make up for it.</p>

<p>What a perfect name for the LUC weekend - extraordinary. They blew us away with the whole thing - the tours at Water Tower and Lake Shore were great, mostly because of the students. The night at the Field was really something. What a great way to boast not only your school, but the City of Chicago. </p>

<p>My d is now hooked - almost to the point where I wish I hadn't taken her, because I am not sold on the idea of her going that far away (we are in NJ). </p>

<p>We now have two more visits - Loyaol (Md) and Fordham before she makes her decision.</p>