M10 Freakout Thread 2016

Do not, I repeat, do not, read the accept /reject thread from last year. :-S

crazy reading into things!

Too late! Funny, as someone mentioned before, it was all students and no parents and this year its the opposite.

Center - you’re too right. I wish I didn’t read it. Maybe we can all start talking about something else to keep our minds off of M10? Can’t imagine what topic could be more compelling .

hi guys im applying to a lot gladchemms and hades schools and i cant believe march 10 is soon, i havent really been panicking until today, and a lot of the schools are going to notify me during school so i will be doing “work on my laptop” haha but really anxiously refreshing my email until i see a decision. tell me about your experience, how are u guys feeling? andddd good luck!

LOL!

Let’s all go watch the worst Youtuber ever: MattyB

Still relevant to M10 Freakout thread as we are, well, freaking out.

Sorry, that is so bad. But I got your mind off of M10, eh? ;))

Congratulations Goat family!

Okay so I am assuming that many of you read through way too many of the 2015 accept reject pages as did I. Any patterns jump out? I definitely feel like, assuming they are all truthful, that test scores and a real hook was important.

I don’t agree on the test scores. I’m not going to drag myself back through that thread again as it was bad enough the first time but I recall many, many of them were high 90s across the board. I think your latter statement is definitely true – fit and what they need at the time (i.e. the hook).

@CLNMOM re prez election…might be the only thing more hair raising than boarding school admissions

Geography is very important; it is a form of diversity to the school. NE and Northeast students have it toughest there as OR states. I think if you apply from Montana, you are pretty much in, with lower stats.

Center, I agree. At least for the schools DS is focused on, I don’t think I saw any admits with less than 95%. When it comes down to it, test scores and hook are pretty important. Anyone care to give a list of possible hooks? URS, URM, star athlete, legacy, big donation? Am I on the right track? Are there others?

Dang… This thread is pretty popular right now…

@6teenSearch Yeah the entire goat family is gleefully bleating tonight. Good luck to you too!

If DS applies again, we’re moving to Montana …

I know I’m a bit late on this, but congratulations, @GoatMama ! I hope all goes well during the interview!

And while we’re on the topic of the presidential election, did you watch the video where Trump gets a crowd to chant, “Turn off the lights!” with him? It’s [url="<a href=“https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnYtuhZXzo%22%5Dhere%5B/url”>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnYtuhZXzo"]here[/url]. Every time I watch that video, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.