M10 Freakout Thread 2016

Hillchoatelville, 9th grade.

How do you all do the name thing when you reply specifically like @CLNMOM - it’s hard to type some names and I’m afraid I will misspell it. I tried the cut and paste but doesn’t work …

@CNLMOM you type in the @ sign and put the name after it. It gives you like a choice to select their names. I’m applying as a 10th grader and I am sweating because I think 10th grade is a harder spot to get it. I only applied to 3 schools so there’s a high chance that I might end up not able to be accepted to any.

Has anyone read the M10 Freakout Thread 2015? It is quite depressing… But the worst thing about it is that It’s coming upon us too…

@hillchoatelville yeah i just started to read a few hours ago it wasnt very good for my anxiety haha

Congrats to everyone that’s gotten an acceptance so far! Much positive energy to all of us that are on this journey!!

That M10 thread from 2015 is a brutal read!

Yes, let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself this year :-SS

I wasn’t very, very active on CC at the time, though I had an account, but I do remember M10 2015. Last year’s thread was an absolute nightmare. :frowning: I don’t think I’d have the energy to apply again if I didn’t get in anywhere. Doing this twice takes a lot out of a gal…

@hillchoatelville - good luck to you on M10!

Make sure you’re signed up for FedEx and UPS delivery notifications! I just got a text from FedEx that a packet has been shipped from a certain town in MA for M10 delivery. That’s an acceptance!

@GoatMama Congratulations, holy crap! That’s a really smart way to know if you got in or not, dang. My best to GoatKid! :slight_smile:

@goatmama, that’s smart!

I’m honestly freaking out, my dad and my sister went to the school I’m applying to so if I don’t get in I’ll be the first one not to get in and ughhhh. But I am fine not getting in at the same time because I know I can make my own way in life (sounds cliche I know). But honestly I think the freaking out is more impatience. Can M10 just come already pleaseeeee :-SS

It’s very easy, and free. Go do it now on the FedEx and UPS website and shave off 24 hours of anxiety.

How do you do that for your exact address? @GoatMama

@GoatMama - congratulations!!! Ramen for dinner! Yahoo!

Go to http://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/ and sign up for Fedex Delivery Manager by clicking the purple button on the left. You’ll create a profile with your address and set up what kind of notifications you want to get.

Go to https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US to sign up for UPS MyChoice. Same thing - create a profile and select your notifications.

For the past week, and especially after reading the 2015 M10 freakout thread, I have been almost wishing that results won’t come so soon and I can live in blissful ignorance. I’m seriously relishing in this time pre-rejection.

@GoatMama Care to share the town? We have two schools that send emails so I imagine any materials will be mailed snail mail. No?

I sent you a PM @Center