M10 Freakout Thread 2016

@CLNMOM what are you waiting on?

@eldredgeknot do you live near Andover? And congratulations!!

@queenmother its a very very weird game. I liken it to some advanced game theory algorithm. We knew quite a bit but learned even more in this current crazy process. You think its all 4.0 and 99% SSAT but it turns out thats not it…

@ivydreamer01 No, but I live a bit further down on the East coast. I’m also applying for the 11th grade, which is why I was especially nervous! :slight_smile:

Rejected to Lawrenceville and Choate. First I was so miserable with myself but once I got a notification that I got accepted at the Hill school, I am so excited.

@hillchoatelville - you put Hill first in your name so that must have done the trick :smiley: Congratulauons!!!

@hillchoatelville WONDERFUL!!

@hillchoatelville Congrats!! I’m glad that you got a happy ending as well! I was also so miserable after being waitlisted by 2 out of the 3 schools I applied to, but things turned out all right in the end!

Congratulations, I mean, @hillchoatelville! Best of luck there.

Why do schools bother with the email charade saying to check after 5:00 (like Andover) and then send packages to all those that get in. There is not much mystery left. I also agree with other posters that having 99 percent on SSAT, top grades in school amd tons of involvement are not a guarantee. We are thrilled with Exeter acceptance as it was the first choice, but bruised a bit assuming Andover is a WL or rejection since no fedex.

@Lolalou, Congratulation. I am in West Coast and waiting for 2PM to check the result. Fedex envelop maybe at home. But I am at work. Every minute is suffocating! Haha. 9 more minutes. This is why I don’t buy lotto or gamble.

After the kids and parents work so hard on these applications, getting only an email rejection just doesn’t seem right. Sign of the times I guess.

Good luck Sculptor Dad. Fingers crossed. At my son’s school a few kids got Andover acceptances but they have siblings there.

Loomis!

Thank you everybody! I will stay around for more questions. Good luck to people who are still waiting for your results. It might not be the one you are expecting, but still, have a faith in yourself and pat yourself in the shoulder for going through this treacherous journey.

Andover’s decision page isn’t loading.
504 Gateway Time-out
500 Internal Server Error
Unfortunately, no decision was found for this Gateway account

Andover website is down.

I’m legit about to cry. No school that I’m interested has accepted me yet. ;(

I called and they hope to have it back up at 5:30.

Greetings from Andover,

We understand that many of you are attempting to log-in to view your Andover admission decision. Unfortunately, due to the very high volume of log-in attempts, the system is experiencing a delay. We apologize for this inconvenience, and hope to remedy the situation as soon as possible. We are working with our vendor to reset the server.

Thank you so much for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the delay.