M10 Freakout Thread 2016

Andover’s site, that is.

@rulerMA, as one poster said earlier, there’s a reason for everything. Never give up!

Based on no mailing to our house we know its either a rejection or a wait list but jeez. I do IT for a living and this is my worst nightmare!

How can these schools have the web site crash on the only day that matters… surely they know how many applied and therefore how many will be trying to access the web site at the same time? smh.

I know, right! Seems like a basic tech issue. They should be able to handle 4,000 applicants at once. Sigh.

I’m guessing its a Gateway to Prep issue. They probably will not be doing that again:)

Curious who got into Exeter but not Andover? I understand there are so many cross-admits but maybe not so much this year.

They all need to go back to mailing letters. Or the school sending email out vs. having the students check.

I agree. This system is pathetic, quite frankly. $40 admissions deserves a mail letter.

@lolalu It seems Andover’s decisions have not come out yet, if only two people on this forum have their FedEx letters.

Someone asked about Thacher acceptances in California. My daughter received a positive mailing from them yesterday. (But we only found it today.)

Congrats on Thatcher!

I feel bad for the kids waiting for Andover admission decisions, only to have the portal crash. But I also feel bad for Gateway to Prep and Andover staff working to fix it. I can only imagine the plethora of confused parents blowing up the Andover Admission email account and phone line.

Hopefully this issue is resolved soon.

:slight_smile:

Does anyone else’s say no decision was found for your gateway account?

My only issue is you think a website would be able to handle 4000 or so requests with any type of planning before hand. It’s not like somebody’s DDOSing them:)

Yes I’m getting the “no decision found”.

Yep. I assume it’s just a portal mistake. No need to fret.

:slight_smile:

@lolalou same on our end.

I don’t feel bad for Andover. We have all made a MAJOR investment in time and resources to apply. They have one job on M10, delivering the decision. There has been so much misinformation. Now the crash.

@lolalou I agree. We paid $40 for that admissions application, they should be able to hand some basic IT stuff.