M10 Freakout Thread 2016

However, we must remember that if this must turn into “pointing fingers,” aim them at Gateway to Prep Schools. Nonetheless, I see it as a simple mistake. But I do see where you’re coming from though.

@bigsis8723 Andover is a part of Gateway to Prep Schools, I believe.

What’s everyone doing? Just waiting for another mass email saying the portal is up or are you repeatedly trying to login?

Haven’t logged into CC in a few months (2000 notifications, wow!), but just wanted to check in to say congrats to everyone who received happy news–the schools that accepted you are lucky to have you!

And for those that received not-so-great news, I wanted to offer support. Being rejected/wait-listed may make you feel like your entire world has come crashing down, but it DOES get better, I promise! The next couple of days will be tough, but in time you will feel that the experience was worth it. Don’t lose hope!

Sidenote: (I sort of skimmed this thread–sorry if my post seems completely random/out of place. Probably won’t get much Internet access for the next few days so I wanted to post when I had the chance.)

Sidenote #2: Hope the Andover portal is working soon again–I know it’s super stressful for everyone and hopefully there is not much longer of a wait!

@bleepbopbloop Yes, it is a partner school, and it does use the Gateway to Prep School’s application process. But, to my knowledge, Andover itself does not complete any IT duties on the website, nor does it regulate portals. That’s up to Gateway to Prep School’s staff.

:slight_smile:

@CLNMOM I’m refreshing. :(|)

You’re right, I should be more understanding. The waiting takes a toll. I’m tired and cranky and hate that it’s 12 hours between decisions. I know I should be proud and thankful we got our first choice. I just want it wrapped up.

Maybe they are having a denial of service attack. Some scorned genius 99%er from the past:).

New message:

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately our vendor has not been able to resolve the technological difficulties related to online decisions. We will, therefore, be releasing decisions via email. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding.

@CLNMOM Right now, just waiting. Better not to overload the portal more than it already is in my opinion. Haha!

"Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately our vendor has not been able to resolve the technological difficulties related to online decisions. We will, therefore, be releasing decisions via email. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding."

sent two minutes ago

Portal officially toast. Andover says we will now learn by email. They don’t say when.

I got a rejection email, but at least I got into my other two schools.

I commend Andover for trying to resolve the issue. Now, more waiting for email notices. Sit tight everyone!

:slight_smile:

I decided to watch an espionage thriller to keep our (collective) minds off the Andover situation. Spy Game on Netflix, 90% Tomatometer. I recommend it!

^^ not quickly as they’ll probably need to do an elaborate merge using their CRM like SalesForce. Not quick I hate to say.

Andover - just received the rejection email. Well, that’s that. 3 WL, 2 rejections. Back to the drawing board …

@lolalou Ah, the scorned 99%er has had her revenge!

I’m not allowed to look at the email, since my mom’s not home, but I saw they had sent one to me, and it had the paper clip thing that I believe means they attached something? Did anyone else get that?

Look at it!!! It’s your school!

@ivydreamer01 mine had that but I was rejected. I think they all have that