M10 Freakout Thread 2016

I keep checking for Groton admits as well. My son is in fourth form at Groton and is curious to know if he has any new classmates.

It is thrilling to share in hearing everyone gett their long awaited schools and challenging to see those of us dealing with rejection or put on a waiting list. But I appreciate the supportive environment on CC! D was crushed when put on waitlist for NMH. She has waitlisted for three others & rejected one. She was accepted into Peddie and Foxcroft and waiting to recieve something from Cranbrook. They sent out emails by now so I will follow up tomorrow. So far throwing out a WIDE net worked.

@Momto4kids Congrats!

We are waitlisted at Andover, too. Exeter here we come.

@zeebee619 Just to clarify. I don’t have any kids who applied this year. I have a son who is in his second year at Groton. I’m always excited to see who may be joining the circle in the fall. Thanks for the congratulations, although we got the word on 3/10/14!

Someone on the thread asked a question I never considered. Are wait listed people invited to revise day. My initial reaction was not unless accepted. But maybe it’s worth contacting the AO of that school and asking. Thoughts?

Did anyone here apply for the 10th grade at Choate?

@Momto4kids well… better late than never?

I don’t believe that waitlisted people are invited to revisit days.

Revisit Day I meant! Not revise day. Where are those glasses?

@KinestheticKT Hey, I was the one who asked, and no WL kids aren’t invited. Were you WL? Where?

@Penguins75 I did, WL. What about you?

Did anyone at all get accepted to The Gunnery??? PM me please!

@Momto4kids I would think they have limited space for those they accepted so opening it up to the waitlist would be a bit much. But I never asked.

@maddiea22 I currently go there. I am currently in the 9th grade and was just curious to talk to new potential classmates.

Oh that’s awesome. Chances are looking pretty slim for me to join you lol @Penguins75

Would it be possible for people who are considering Hotchkiss to like this post? Just wondering about potential future classmates.

@maddiea22 my D was waitlisted at NMH, George, Westminster and Hockaday. None of the application process is making sense to me right now. Some of those we thought had a higher acceptance rate and she had a chance came back waitlist.

@penguins75 Thanks… I appreciate it. I always thought boarding school didnt even mean that much to me, but after hitting M10 and then reading the words on my waitlist letter each a 100 times I just feel so… empty. I guess 100s before me have felt like this and 100s more will feel so after me.

Given I’m a Indian male repeat 11th from the south that is very academic based, no sports, and needs FA, I was stupid to apply in the first place. I guess this isn’t the best place to talk about it, but well… Anyway, I wish you all the absolute best. For all those Andover and Exeter 11th grader admits, you’re amazing.

I guess it’s over then. This was fun to humor while it lasted, some wild excusrion to a boarding school to persue my passions, but it’s time to get realisitc. College is in a year, maybe I’ll take these waitlists and trade them in for a accecptance to a dream university. Who Knows?

Love you all, and have an amazing spring break
usastudent101

@KinestheticKT That sucks, I was WL at 4 and accepted at 1 so I know the feeling. Feel free to PM me if you want