Macalester College Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying EA/ED to Macalester College.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

My DC is applying ED as a recruited athlete. 3.9 unweighted (4.8 weighted) GPA from a large public school in the mid-Atlantic, likely applying test optional (ACT is 29), submitting one 5 on an AP exam in their field of study (STEM) and a few 4s. We visited the school in the summer when the campus was quiet, and are excited to be visiting again this fall when it’ll be much busier. Our family is excited about Macalester!

4 Likes

My D24 will be applying EA in a few weeks. I hadn’t heard of Macalester previously, but it seems like a real gem. And I like what I’ve heard about about the immediate neighborhood and St. Paul/Minneapolis generally.

3 Likes

S24 is finishing up application now. Working on supplemental essays and definitely will complete the why Macalaster but unsure if the other one will get done in time. Has anyone done an interview? S24 is applying as a music major and will submit a music supplement, wondering if that takes the place of an interview?

Submitted EA app thru CommonApp, and rec’d msg that Macalester had elected not receive test scores. Anyone else have this? Had intended to submit scores…

yes, you can self report in their portal

1 Like

Uggh. D24 abandoned personal statement draft and didn’t apply today. I guess it’ll be RD. Good luck to everyone in EA/ED!

1 Like

Hy what time does mac give Ed decision

I would assume that the ED1 decisions are released sometime before 11:59 PM CST on December 3rd. :wink:

Pres. Rivera is busy celebrating her birthday today. :tada:

1 Like

Mac results are out ,hey am not luck enough they did not offer me a place

Good luck to those who are admitted

Hey, Beeee, I just wanted to say I’m sorry. I know you will find your place soon enough; there are so many great colleges out there that will be thrilled to have you. A year from now, you will be at one of them, surrounded by new friends and great opportunities, and this moment will be long in the past. I wish you best of luck in the months ahead.

2 Likes

Thank you but lam dissapointed though morover i also applied jhu john hopkins university and trinity university

I dont know why my applications are rejected , i was rejected at Florida tech on 24 nov heish its difficult for me

How many people were accepted at mac for early decision this year

Seconding @Fibonnaci281 sentiments - you will find your place.

One of my kid’s friends didn’t get into Macalester ED last year, but ended up matriculating at a college whose acceptance rate was under 10% - go figure.

Good luck.

Haa all hope lost i will wait for 15 dec then