Majors

<p>Does anyone have any information on the nursing program?</p>

<p>I am currently a junior at Saint Mary's with several friends who are nursing majors and here is what I know about the program from talking with them. It is a vigorous and challenging program, but probably one of the best in the midwest. The faculty and professors are extremely knowledgeable in every aspect of nursing. Students can begin the nursing curriculum during their freshman year, taking an introductory nursing class, along with the core biology and chemistry classes and their general education requirements. Some nursing majors, with careful planning, can choose to study abroad in one of our foreign study programs, where they take more general education classes. When I went to Rome last fall, we had about 5 nursing majors who could go for one semester. Some nursing majors are also pursuing minors in a foreign language, such as Spanish, again with very careful scheduling. The head of the nursing department would love to talk with anyone interested and can probably answer any specific questions you might have. I hope this helped a little and please let me know if you have any other questions about Saint Mary's.</p>