Match me. High hopes/high stats NJ high school senior interested in Neuroscience or BioPhysics

She is still waffling, leaning toward no. I think we will apply to Pitt and thdn relax so she can be ready in the fall with her list.

Pitt is also a great school, but I would keep Rutgers on the list just in case. Of course I am not the one going to college!

1 Like

That’s so funny. My daughter was that way about our in-state public (Wisconsin Madison). It’s a great school, affordable for as a in-state student, and very competitive for her major but she just had no interest in going there. She applied but it was never a real contender in her mind. She just felt that “everyone” from her high school went there and that made it less desirable in her mind. It wasn’t the school really - Michigan ended up being one of her top choices and it’s fairly similar in terms of vibes and the experience she’d get - she just did not want to go where “everyone” else did.

1 Like

Definitely a factor here too

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.