meal plan

<p>When do you not have to pay the meal plan cancellation upcharge anymore? After freshman year? I think S is going to do the Greek 50 at least for second semester since he won’t be eating every meal at the House anymore. You can add more later right? Or add to Dining Dollars? Does dining dollars carry over each semester? Each year?</p>

<p>If you live at the Bluffs you don’t have a meal plan requirement right? But you could still purchase 50? or is Dining Dollars better as it’s more flexible.</p>

<p>Only first year students (freshmen) are required to have a meal plan. Incentives are usually offered once school starts to get returning students to purchase a meal plan.</p>

<p>Assuming that you’ll still be paying for his fraternity meal plan, I would wait to see if he really needs an on-campus meal plan. I’ve ate on campus a total of 7 times this semester, so it’s definitely possible to go without a meal plan. If needed, you can always add money to his Bama Cash or debit/credit card.</p>

<p>Thanks ST how are dining dollars used again & what is Bama Cash? I don’t know why this is so hard for me to get. My older kids always had a meal plan even when off campus as we are not a family of big cooks, but T-town has a slew of restaurants.</p>

<p>Bama Cash is a UA-specific account tied to ones Action Card (ACT Card) that can be used for on campus purchases (food, laundry, printing, clothing, textbooks, etc.) and at a few off campus locations. Dining Dollars is a restricted version of Bama Cash that is only good at on campus dining venues, vending machines, and one or two off campus restaurants (Domino’s Pizza and somewhere else, IIRC.) Undergraduate students are required to purchase 300 Dining Dollars each semester. That money is refundable after April 15th and rolls over to Bama Cash if one chooses to not apply for a refund. One can always add more money to Bama Cash. There is currently no financial incentive to use Bama Cash or Dining Dollars except that on campus printing costs can only be deducted from ones Bama Cash account.</p>