Med School Tuition

I would like to go to UA for undergrad and then go to medical school hopefully in either UT-Houston or Baylor College of Medicine. Low tuition is important so I want to go to UA for the presidential scholarship but also would like to receive instate tuition if I go to one of those med schools (I live in Texas) so my question is do I keep my Texas residency even if I go OOS for undergrad?

Your residency shouldnt change since mrerly attending Oos state school doesnt change your state resudency

Ok thanks

However I would ask the med school for the accurate answer

You would not automatically become a resident of Alabama by attending UA. You would still retain your Texas residency and your home address unless you actively go and change both, get a new drivers license, etc. Note that a US Supreme Court decision allows you to vote in your college town or or your hometown, but not both, without establishing residency in the same state as your college.

Note that if you have a job in Alabama, that income may be subject to Alabama’s state income tax. You’d file Alabama’s nonresident tax return.

IIRC, graduating from UA allows you to be considered for admission into Alabama medical schools as an Alabama resident and you might get in-state or reduced tuition.

I’m not sure if med school has the same policies as grad schools, but Calfornia law also makes it very easy for graduate students to become California residents after their first year, which saves students a lot in tuition costs.

All US med schools are very good, it’s more a matter of which med school(s) you’ll get into.

You will keep your Tx residency. Going to school OOS does not change your residency. But, keep your Tx drivers license and register to vote in Tx.