Metropolitan Museum of Art high school summer internship

@sk2001 that reply was a hoax, confirmed by another applicant

Dear Applicant,

We are excited to offer you a position in the 2018 Summer High School Internship Program. In the week following the accepted intern & family reception, we will send you more details about this offer, including information about your departmental placement, mentor as well as other important need-to-know dates from this email (or from Jeary.payne@metmuseum.org). If you do not receive it, please check spam/junk mail folders as well. If you don’t find it there, please contact us by email or phone.

Please confirm that you will be accepting this internship opportunity by responding to this email by Friday, May 25th.

Best wishes,

Jeary

Jeary Payne, Assistant Educator, Teen Programs

High School Internships

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

1000 Fifth Avenue

New York, NY 10028

212-650-2330

highschoolinterns@metmuseum.org

This is the exact email I received. It certainly was not a hoax.

@sk2001 they didnt specify the department I was in and it was an individual email, perhaps they are still making decisions.

@sk2001 and thanks for the congrats, good luck!!! Hope to see you over the summer (:

Did anyone else receive an acceptance email?

I got it yesterday!

Has anyone else heard anything from them? positive or negative?

I have not. It is rlly weird that the notification has not come out, though they said it would be “early this week.” Still no response. I am hoping they will send out an email by the end of tomorrow.

Same!! I’m very confused as well. Unfortunately, it probably means rejection, since others already got acceptances :frowning:
Maybe we’re on the waitlist? I hope so

I also emailed them yesterday but they didn’t reply back so idk what’s going on

They haven’t replied to any email I sent or my friend sent. I think that means that we are rejected. It’s so weird that they’re not even replying!

who else got an acceptance?

anyone wanna hit them up with a call?
they always did put the phone num at the ends of the their emails lol

yeah i haven’t heard from them either

Did they say that they were going to send everyone emails or just people who got accepted?

I believe so. I remember hearing that at the end of the interview. They said they would send out an email to every applicant, of their decision (whether they are accepted or not). And with so many of us concerned and not receiving any sort of email, I am led to believe that they have not yet made any final decisions lol (so let’s just keep our hopes up for tomorrow!).

They have just sent out emails regarding application statuses everyone (ahhh)

Did anyone get in?

I also got an acceptance email thursday night. Anyone else?

I heard that people got acceptance letters Tuesday night as well? Maybe they had a waitlist and some of the Tuesday night people rejected the offer?