Miami University Early Decision and Early Action 2024

@buckeyeinbama thank you! I’ll shoot you a PM when I have time. :wink:

@homerdog

My D19 is a freshman at Miami. She was a high stats kid in HS. During the college application process last year she did not want to apply to Miami. I made her apply. She had no interest. I knew she could possibly get some good merit and that the school was good. Fast forward to last April D19 had been accepted and had gotten some good merit. Everyone in the house was tired of the whole college process. Miami had one more admitted students day to attend. Also D19’s department was having an open house. And D19 got to stay on campus one night. We made a weekend of the trip her and I. After the open house which was very nice and good that we got to speak to actual students we got sent on a tour. Our tour guide started to tell us her story on how she didn’t want to apply to Miami, but her Mom made her do it and she loved Miami. It was like I planted the guide myself.

After the tour we drove around Oxford right around campus to get a feel of the area. It was a beautiful day and the kids in the off campus houses were already out having some fun. Overall it looked like a fun place to be. But also don’t fret as the campus is basically dry as all the action happens at off campus houses and frats. This is good because it is easy for kids who don’t want to be around that scene to avoid it. Also these houses and apartments are literally next door to campus. Btw, there are no sorority houses. The girls live in houses close to each other.

D19 had a good freshman year. She didn’t click with her roommates, but moved one floor on last day of finals. D19 was telling me that she got to spend 30-45 minutes with the department chair of her major one day in his office one on one. They were discussing possible research opportunities next semester. Because of AP credits D19 will be able to double major without having to kill herself. She also had some fun helping out at some of the different sports games.

Does anybody know when UMiami EA will be released? I had heard that it was going to be late January or early February, but I was wondering if anybody knew a specific date.

@Cat_ay1247 This board is for Miami University of Ohio. I think you meant this question for University of Miami, which is different college and forum.

Oops, my bad! Thank you for clearing it up!

Anyone else get literally “uninvited” to the President’s Open House and Honors and Scholars Breakfast? My student received an email yesterday saying that because she was a top candidate from the accepted student pool (she’s a high stats kid) she was invited to these two very special events. Lots of love shown. Then tonight she receives another email saying, ‘Ooops - we goofed - we sent the email to you when only “some” people were supposed to get it - you weren’t one of them. Sorry for our mistake. We really like you too, but you are no longer invited to these special events.’ So it wasn’t worded exactly that way obviously but that was the message. We are stunned. This indicates a level of disorganization and disfunction that makes me question everything. Fortunately, my kid doesn’t care - she got a full tuition scholarship to her #1 choice school so she’s set and didn’t bat an eye at this - but I’m angry, and feeling very sorry for any kid who loves Miami, was thrilled to be included in these events, and is learning that they’re uninvited, too. Did this happen to anyone else?

@AAmyA398 We received the same invite yesterday, but did not receive the dis-invitation today. My son was accepted to UASP if that matters.

Even though I am an international student and should have heard from them within two weeks, I only received a decision last week (it had literally been 12 weeks since I applied). I got the feeling that they had forgotten about my application because I was only informed of anything after emailing them myself. I was accepted but they haven’t even sent my packet yet. It has been five days since I received my decision and the more I wait the more I feel like the school is not interested in its future students. Reading your comment, unfortunately, confirmed my assumptions…

AAmy, your child is not alone. DD also got the two emails. Bizarre.

D20 got UHP and Scholars and invitation to the breakfast. I didn’t think it was a big deal and they invited all in UHP or scholars. Bizarre with the dis-invite.
USPS shows a letter coming today. Presidential fellows are reportedly hearing this week. If anyone else is getting a letter or got a letter this week for anything, post if you can. I want to go find the mailman. :slight_smile:

@Northamericadad Nothing in our Informed Delivery, here in MA. Are you in OH?

I just got my invitation to the Presidential Fellows Showcase! I live in MN and it came in a large UPS “Very Urgent” Express Envelope. Good luck to everyone waiting for their letter!!!

Congratulations! We are in Indiana and nothing here so assuming son can mark Miami off the list

What makes it so strange is that she was admitted to the Honors program. Not sure why she got the dis-invite to the events. This makes no sense…

D20 just received her letter here in AZ via UPS!

OOS
Got it thirty minutes ago via UPS

@jimmystew ,

Did you guys have to sign it ? or was just in your mailbox . As over here our letters often get delivered to neighbours .

It got delivered to my door.
No signing required

we are in TX, if that helps

@Northamericadad What was in you D20’s USPS letter? Just curious because our Informed Delivery shows a similar letter for my D20 today.