Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

I think it would be helpful for people on here to have comparison stats, so share away if you feel comfortable! Congrats!!

Yes, please @grilledcheese33, I’m curious what your stats are. Thank you!

Also, is your full amount just 1 scholarship? Or did they list more than 1? Cheers!

OOS, 4.0 UW, 4.28W, 33 ACT
Biology major admitted 12/16, $21,000 scholarship

1 Like

OOS, 3.8UW, 4.57W, 35ACT, 18 AP+7Honors, 11 year swimming+4 year Varsity. I have not received a letter yet because I turned in application late (11/29/2020)… Cross fingers.

I have two kids at Miami. There’s a lot to love about it for both kids and the many parents funding their 4 years in Ox!

2 Likes

Also, would those admitted be willing to share their recalculated Miami GPA?

We are still waiting for a decision…frustrating because others in our area/HS with the same OA heard a few nights ago, and my daughter did not yet. I hate that this could drag on until January. She has two siblings there, submitted test scores and submitted her application on Oct. 7.

Calgon, take me away! Ugh.

S21 was accepted to Farmer, econ. 3.41 re-calculated GPA, 32 ACT, $16K merit, OOS

2 Likes

D21 told me her recalculated GPA was 4.42. She had a 35ACT and was admitted to nursing with 36K OOS merit award.

3 Likes

Congrats! Does that include $2,500 for the Bridges Program? Or did you get more than the minimum $13K for weighted GPA’s above 3.95? What was your Miami-weighted GPA and test scores?

My Miami recalculated GPA was a 4.24

1 Like

What major did she apply? Son accept to College of Eng. 4.39 Miami recalculated. $13K a year in merit. in state. He actually has zero interest now that his higher choice is in so we’ll be withdrawing his app. Hope your daughter gets her acceptance soon!

Daughter admitted chemistry (OOS). Recalculated GPA of 4.33.

I feel your frustration about waiting. :persevere:

1 Like

I was doing some number crunching last night and comparing schools in terms of tuition, fees, room and board (assuming most other incidentals will be similar in cost). The Miami tuition promise is really appealing. It’s nice to know going in what you’ll pay each year!

2 Likes

My S21 applied to Games+Simulation major and had to complete another application. He hasn’t heard yet. Has anyone else heard that applied to this major?

My S21 got his admission to Miami. OOS w/ 3.77 GPA, $18,500. Proud of him and he is very excited. Still pending on Games+Simulation major which will be deciding factor on his attendance.

Even though Miami is ~500 miles from home he will likely attend if admitted to G+S major, otherwise he has several other excellent options in Game Design w/ comparably ranked programs, but not striking quite the same chord with him as Miami. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to all of the talented accepted students mentioned in this thread.

2 Likes

Congrats to your son! Curious what other programs he applied/has been accepted to?

Anyone else still waiting for EA decision?

Yes. OOS, IL. So frustrating.

Yep! Same township too. :flushed:

1 Like