Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

My portal shows the EA decision will be released by 01/15, so need to be patient…

Everyone’s says Jan. 15, but Miami has released some decisions, including some at the same HS as my daughter. I guess that why people are getting impatient, including me, lol.

This is my 3rd go-around college application season (including Miami) so I should be way more chill about the wait. But in the past Miami has had specific release dates and has stuck with them, so there was no guesswork like there is this year.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just did a grade update through SRAR as I have competed 6 out of 7 senior courses for this semester. My MU recalculated GPA changed from 4.33 to 4.57. Crossing fingers…

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! My son has a similar GPA, but didn’t take the ACT or SAT because we were living overseas and the few dates when he could have taken it were cancelled. Hoping they really do take the holistic approach and look at his extracurriculars/essay/etc.

I submitted my application on 10/19 for EA and still haven’t heard back. My recalculated GPA is 3.94 and I got a 30 on the ACT. I’m applying as a Management and Leadership major at Farmer. Lot’s of different ECs and work experience. I’m an IL resident. Anyone understand the order that they are sending decisions out in? Thanks for any guidance.

how can I check the recalculated GPA on the Miami university portal? (intl here)

If you click on your application it will take you to some tabs that you can click on. One of them is your GPA and it will show you the recalculated one.

wdym by “click on your application” – the only tabs i have when I login are “your test scores”, “your contact info”, and ‘helpful links and account tools’. If it helps, I am an international

Ahh- you must not have this then. There is a GPA tab below “Your test Scores”. Are you at an International School or regular school in your country?

My OOS daughter was accepted into the nursing program at Miami EA! She is so excited! She received a scholarship of 23.5K (the same amount awarded to one of the her brothers who is a current Junior at Miami). Her recalculated GPA was over 4.0, she did not submit any test scores, and is hoping for a positive response to her honors application/essay. Congratulations to all who have heard from admissions and good luck to everyone still waiting!

7 Likes

That’s very exciting! When did she find out about her acceptance?

She found out on Thursday 12/17. It seems that the email was sent just after midnight on the 17th.

1 Like

It seems like that’s been Miami’s only EA drop thus far. Fingers crossed more hear before the holidays!

Yes, that is very good for instate, congrats to your daughter! For those of us OOS, we are looking at the guaranteed min 22 and then if they might go up a bit, as well as the honors college/Prodesse. I think the Pres scholarship is going to be ultra competitive, but we wouldn’t say no to it.

Good Luck - I’m assuming they will release them in waves and earlier is better, but we should know no matter what by 1/15.

Thanks for the info Anxiety19 - I think it’s down to Miami and another frontrunner, so where they are in the range is a big determinant. I’ve been wondering if it’s worth calling them and telling them if the offer is good my son is likely to take em up on it. I would think with the matrix they put out this year they would have a ton of interest from kids, but who knows how many of those are safeties vs top choice vs in the middle. When you say the merit awards were increased last year before May, do you mean previously awards were increased, or they upped the base amounts to entice new apps? Thanks

What I heard is that merit awards increased between the application acceptance and April/May. You can look at the 2024 Miami threads.

1 Like

They’ve always had their scholarships ranges on the website, they just revised it this year to remove the SAT component. My hunch is kids who apply with decent scores are getting a little better merit, but that’s pure speculation.
Merit award increases last year that have been referenced were after initial awards went out, not to entice to new apps. I imagine as they get kids who turn down offers, that money goes back in the pot so they can offer more to those they want to commit.

4 Likes

@stlkid - They upped previous awards. It seemed at least to be kids that were seriously in the running for Presidential (but didn’t receive it) got more money, but I’m not sure if many others got more offered.

1 Like