Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

I don’t think they have released any decisions outside of the first group, which was a mix of in state and oos.

2 Likes

No we have not heard either. We are OOS as well, and have two kids at Miami. I found that early release odd, as my daughter has better stats than many at her school who heard in that first release.

Essentially Miami created a month differential in letting some kids know mid-December and others not. I would really love to know what they are aiming for in their first yield.

Interesting. My daughter received an email on December 4th her application was completed so all I can figure is that people that received that email earlier probably have heard.

I have twin daughters with almost identical stats and one was accepted in December and the other hasn’t heard anything yet.

1 Like

Except for that my daughter submitted her application on Oct. 7 and got the confirmation email Oct. 15. It’s just random, I guess.

OMG. That would drive me crazy. Did they apply the same college/major (College of Arts and Science, Farmer, School of Kinesiology, etc…) or different ones?

I realize there were kinks to work out in this COVID-affected application season, but Miami would have been better served by having a single release date for EA, as it has been in the past.

1 Like

Yep, both Engineering! Their academic stats and sports/extracurriculars are eerily similar, so the only difference could be that maybe they liked my one daughter’s essays better?

Very odd. Fingers crossed for your other daughter.

1 Like

Wow, what a miss from Miami. and tough on your twins I would imagine. Hoping for great news in a week coming your way!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

So just now, my twin daughter that HASN’T been accepted to Miami yet, received an email inviting her to the Ambassador Network which is for incoming students to chat with upperclassmen to ask questions about things like housing, clubs, etc. Why would she get this but yet her twin sister that HAS been accepted didn’t get it. Sure seems backwards to me!

1 Like

My son just received this email as well and he has not yet heard about his EA status. I also thought this was strange and had him check his portal as I assumed this came in conjunction with an acceptance. Weird!

1 Like

Are you in the Cleveland area (per your user name)? I am!

My daughter who has been accepted also received the email. Hopefully your other daughter gets her acceptance soon!

1 Like

Miami could use this thread (or your even your family as a focus group/ case study to show them what has worked and what hasn’t quite work right during this admission cycle!

Thanks to you all, I had my daughter check her email and she did receive this Ambassador email, but it was in her spam folder. Makes me concerned that other college correspondences my have landed there as well. Time for this wait to end, I say, lol!

1 Like

Yep! We live in Cle Heights and my son is a senior at US.

Cool! We’re on the other side of town in Avon Lake (twin daughters).

My daughter received this as well and we received an email for a Facebook page for parents of admitted students.

My son also got that email today and I made him check his email and the portal. Very strange!

My daughter cleaned up her email yesterday and said she found dozens of emails from colleges that her mail had filtered to another folder!