Miami University - Ohio Class of 2025 EA & RD

My son is also EA and we are waiting to hear if he was accepted. He also got the email. It would be strange that Miami would send the invitation to students who will not be accepted. Still nothing on his portal though. We are cautiously optimistic.

Admitted daughter got the Ambassador invite and I got the invite to the parents of admitted students facebook page. Miami has a staff member following the FB page and answering questions. Already learned an important piece of information that Freshman move in day is August 19ā€¦

1 Like

Do you know if they have an admitted students fb page yet? Itā€™s very funny how every school Iā€™ve gotten into so far starts on either August 19th or 20th, which just so happens to be my birthday. The student ambassador thing looks interesting, but is somewhat empty right now, so hopefully it picks up.

Usually one gets created for the incoming class on FB. Students often connect with their future roommates through that. I am not sure if there is one this year, though I am a member of the Miami parent FB page. I can ask there if a student one has been established for 2025.

I thought they might be waiting until all ea decisions were released, so hopefully that all happens soon.

1 Like

Mine didnā€™t get anything about a student FB page but he was invited to some virtual thing to attend to meet current students and faculty for an Engineering specific event. Sounds like these are admitted virtual events that they have multiple dates to register for.

Yeah, I saw those were available on the visit page for admitted students, hopefully they do them for Farmer as well. The are also offering admitted student visits starting at the end of the month.

1 Like

On Parents FB page admissions guy says admitted students FB will be coming soon.

1 Like

Ok great, thank you!

I think this might be the Ambassador invite mentioned above. My daughter received that email.

We are in the same position got the email but not admitted yet

Yes, exactly, hopefully it gets more lively because the idea is nice. On there you can talk to both student ambassadors and people who work in admissions they call ā€œenrollment coachesā€ and there is also a forum where you can ask questions to everyone. Kinda like Miamiā€™s own version of CC.

yikes! It definitely has made me more aware to be checking those spam folders!

On the Miami ā€œClass of 2025 Familiesā€ Facebook page, Mitch Arnett (Moderator and Asst. Admissions Director) posted that they are releasing more admissions decisions on January 15, February 15 and March 15. Those of you waiting - now you know when to expect a decision. :grinning:

They are going to start doing limited in person tours (student + 1 guest) and sessions later this month. He also mentioned that they will have information about their virtual ā€œMake it Miamiā€ admitted student open houses soon.

6 Likes

Happy to hear about the in-person tours for admitted students. Miami has always been very transparent that EA students will hear by Jan. 15. It even specifies that in my daughterā€™s portal (as Iā€™m sure with others). I hope that it does not start moving into those later release dates for EA students, and that those Feb and March dates he stated are for students on the bubble or on a rolling basis for those who applied later.

Again, as a veteran Miami parent, with two students currently enrolled there, this admission cycle has been somewhat laughable. Release the darn EA decision already. Good gravy! lol

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been doing in person tours, although they may have stopped at some point. We did one in October or Novemberā€¦ I canā€™t remember exactly when it was.

We also did a tour in the fall. It was limited, but luckily we had a family friend who is a current student show us around.

Iā€™m pretty sure they stopped tours. We could only find virtual options when we searched. They did a virtual open house WebEx thing in the fall with different sessions. Daughterā€™s looking forward to seeing the campus again and getting a better vibe - itā€™s been a couple years since we were there and she was a sophomore. College seemed so far away then.

In person tours are happening Miami University - Campus Visit Opportunitiesā€¦ Students donā€™t return until the end of January, so it might be better to go when there are students back on campus. Most classes still seem to be online, so you might not get the complete picture of what itā€™s like there, but itā€™s a beautiful campus and an in person visit can really help!

We toured pre-COVID, but now that itā€™s decision time, she wants to go back. Weā€™re signed up for the end of February.

1 Like