Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

@SevenDad were you a DJ in your second life?!?! Is that how you afforded more than 1 kid in BS/college?

We’ve been fortunate to see tons of live music this summer (unfortunately 3 were rained out). Here’s two artists/songs I saw performed that I’ve been listening to a lot:

Moses Sumney -Rank & File
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysb4TjuC5GM

Sylvan Esso - PARAD(w/m)E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W9VYY5QpLg

Anybody else seeing David Byrne while he’s on tour?

@buuzn03: No, I just like music a lot!

@doschicos: The only concert I made it to this summer was the Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour (I know, not everyone’s cup of tea, but it was a pretty good show…Courtney Love made a guest appearance). 7D2 told me to get on the Blood Orange bandwagon before it’s too late — is he on your/your kids’ radar?

@SevenDad All of us in the family are Smashing Pumpkin fans. We took the kids to a concert when they were younger and they grew up on their music, although I’ve been a bit turned off lately by Billy Corgan’s politics. Plus, he’s always been a bit of an ass.

I haven’t heard of Blood Orange. I’ll have to listen and ask the kids.

There’s nothing like wheeling your 2 year old through the grocery store while she’s singing the chorus of Bullet with Butterfly Wings at the top of her lungs…yep, that’s my life!

@dos/buuz: The low point of the SP concert for me was Mark McGrath’s (of Sugar Ray “fame”) guest appearance. He was bad. Real bad. In the words of Randy Jackson, “A little pitchy, dawg.” Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings was amazing.

My then 2-year-old known here as Chimneykid2 is infamous in our family for shouting “I WANT SUSHI” from her seat in the grocery store cart. Today my kids would say that is super “boughsie” and they would be right.

DS ran at St George’s on Saturday. DS has informed us that his phone is somewhere on the Campus where they strestched. DS is on our poopoo list. If anyone has a kid at St George’s and a crappy phone with a cracked screen is found…please let me know. He’s been told we aren’t paying for a new one. ~X(

Sorry to hear about that @buuzn03. I hope he gets it back soon. Love the “poopoo list,” though. One of ChoatieKid’s phones is somewhere at the bottom of the Pacific ocean. Not hopeful about that one.

Boys.

@ChoatieMom bottom of the ocean is rough…and ironically, just two weeks ago, DS got an earful when I saw an IG video of him and a teammate trying to switch places from a kayak and a canoe, simultaneously, on the water. Yet, it was the XC meet that claims the prize. Sigh.

Boys indeed. DS gave me his wallet to hold onto on the way to a tournament in early July and didn’t realize he didn’t have it until he was packing for school 2 weeks ago, and he panicked because it had $20, some grocery store gift cards and an unused laundry card. How he’s managed to keep track of his phone, I have no idea.

Well, no one has turned the phone on yet, so I still can’t locate it and per SGS, no one has turned it in…sigh. On a brighter note, DD and I are planning our mid-Atlantic tour for next spring…I have to ask for days off way in advance, so if anyone is in that area…we’d love to pencil in plans to stop in and say hi!!’

@buuzn03 I’m very close to SGS so let me know if they find it and I can retrieve it for you…well, not out the ocean though;)

Where are you going in the mid-Atlantic, @buuzn03? You have a list?

@MAandMEmom thanks so much!! That’s a super nice offer!!

@gardenstategal we have a preliminary list but are working out logistics, so we may have to drop some schools…here’s what we have right now: Asheville, Chatham Hall, Foxcroft, Episcopal, St Andrews, Mercersberg, Peddie…ummm, I’m missing two but I can’t think of what they are.

Current song in heavy rotation chez Seven:

https://youtu.be/G_zY_jSVXSU
Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Cecilia and the Satellite

Such a sweet song.

@SevenDad - just got tix for the Simple Minds concert…brings us back to the ‘80’s…the only way GolfKiddo knows this band is because it was covered in the movie “Pitch Perfect” :))

Off to look at Boston area schools over long weekend. We will mostly be in Cambridge/Medford areas. Any breakfast/lunch/dinner suggestions?

@carpoolingma we liked Lone Star Taco Bar in Cambridge. Sonsie on Newbury street in Boston is pretty great also! Have a nice trip.

In Cambridge, Oleana, Safra Bakery, Giulia, Little Donkey, Sarma