Miscellaneous Life Ramblings

@ChoatieMom That must be very hard!!

@ChoatieMom That’s hard! I feel for you. But Christmas is just around the corner!

Our son, GoatKid2, just got insurance approval for the new breakthrough triple-combo CF drug. It’s shipping today, barely 4 weeks after FDA approval!! So much to be thankful for!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/10/31/long-awaited-cystic-fibrosis-drug-could-turn-deadly-disease-into-manageable-condition/

Our first Thanksgiving without our son, too, @ChoatieMom. He has a cold, and tons of work, and doesn’t really like Thanksgiving dinner, and will be home soon anyway, and at least half his friends are staying…his list of excuses, which I do understand. We will miss him. ?

@GoatMama Thank you for linking the article. That’s amazing and wonderful and life-changing. Congratulations!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Sorry @ChoatieMom and @twinsmama.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I count y’all as one of my blessings!

@GoatMama --that is quite possibly the best news your family could receive this holiday season. So happy to hear this!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Safe travels to everyone!! Is anyone else having their student’s return to school delayed by the storm?

Possibly. Travel back to school is tomorrow. Will go to the airport and play it by ear. Our school issued a travel advisory and absences due to travel delays will be excused. Families just need to communicate with the Dean of Students. Safe travels to everyone!

Safe Travels to all. Tough with Thanksgiving return combined with snow.

I was going to ask the same thing — it’s ugly here in CT (currently freezing rain), and looks like the bad weather is going to go right into Tuesday, at least up in the Salisbury/Lakeville area. We have it easy being fairly close, but it looks like even the driving will be treacherous. Be safe folks!

SMS just released that students are not expected to return Monday at 7pm as previously required. Students are to notify the office of expected return day/time. They canceled shuttles from the airport and asked students to take the Logan Express and a school shuttle would pick them up from the Framingham stop.
Right now, DSs flights show on time. I’m hoping they stay that way tomorrow and/or there is not a last minute decision to cancel. My biggest fear is him getting stuck half -way.
Prayers to all in the same boat. May our kids travels be safe and smooth! And may the wine supply at home be aplenty whilst we await the call that they’ve arrived to their dorm!

Took almost 7 hours for DD to get back to school today. Her school charters buses from the school to NYC. We live in NJ but DH works in NYC. I tried to talk her into taking some snacks with her but she did not want to. Hopefully there was something left for her to eat on campus because i’m not sure if she will be able to have takeout delivered tonight.

@gardenstategal - This culture was a key reason why we chose DD current school. Every time we visited they were consistent. While they did not have the brand name and all of the bells and whistles I felt confident that she would be happy and that she would be treated well. Was one of the best decisions that we ever made.

I always forget how much I love snow. I hope everyone manages to get where they need to go though - I realize the snow is very inconvenient!

In case you missed this…Nice article @ HOS @ Darrow…I think we have a couple of parents on this thread with a Darrow connection.

https://www.ruralintelligence.com/community/the-rural-we-andrew-vadnais

Buuznkid made it to his dorm last night safe and sound! He was one of the last flights they allowed to depart/land in Boston…it was a super long day but don’t think it could’ve gone any smoother. Y’all in the northeast stay safe and warm!!!

Thanks for posting this @Golfgr8! I asked my daughter how the new head of school is doing at Darrow and she really likes him and called him a straight shooter. Darrow is truly a special school for the right kid. It has been wonderful for our daughter who has very close bonds with her teachers. When I asked who she was most looking forward to seeing after the break, she named her advisor! Very focused on hands on learning and a super chill place. No nightmare homework scenarios and the “big” name colleges are starting to turn up more frequently on campus as they come to realize that the students there are out of the box in a good way. There are on average about 30 students per grade - so it’s tiny!