Missed Interview Deadline?

My son applied to SIT through Common App back in October. Just looked at Stevens site and see that you have to interview with them and the interview deadline was Jan. 15, 2019. Didn’t see that anywhere on Common App. Oh well. Is that it or does anyone think they’ll still let him interview if I get him over there? I’m sure they Skype or Facetime as well. Does it make any sense to call to try to salvage or is that it?

Well, I just clicked on his Stevens app status link and it says “Interview optional”. Everything else for his app is complete according to the Stevens status screen. So maybe he’s not completely done for. Just not as strong as someone who had strong interview?

My son didn’t interview either, but we did visit the campus twice. It’s optional, so if your son’s app is strong, he should be okay.
I think it would be important if one didn’t have strong stats, and the interview could swing positively for acceptance.
But I’ll let you know soon, my son applied ED2 so we are waiting for a decision within the next week.

Good luck on your son getting in ED2. Good to know mine’s not the only one who didn’t interview. Maybe he’ll stick his in admissions office when we visit later this month. Did the visits you made make your decision for you? Your son must be really set on Stevens if he did ED. NJ is not that far from us so I’m kicking myself about not visiting sooner. It was not on our radar until late and my son applied to the usual RIT/WPI/RPI/UAH/some state flagship engineering and a few others. Let me know if something special sold you on Stevens so we’ll know to look out for it when we are there.