MIT Admissions Fall 2022

Someone did portal astrology on Stanford’s REA, which according to them apparently worked:

If you could still see your address in the portal (after the university removed the checklist) it likely meant admitted or deferred.

This probably doesn’t work for MIT, though.

2 Likes

oh thats cool tho. Too bad MIT doesn’t have that.

Are applications and admissions review different for international students? Or just the same?

Different. It’s harder to get accepted as an international student.

Approximately 150 slots are available for international students. Around 8 to 10 thousand international students apply there, so definitely the chances are too slim.

Can you guys still see your test scores in the portal?

Yes. Can you see yours?

yeah

Yes. Some couldn’t a while back so I was curious if that was still the case.

Yep, I can still see it

Actually I’ve never seen address displayed in the portal other than the address update button.

Tomorrow is an exciting day for students and families interested in MIT.

The majority of students applying are highly motivated and capable seniors with outstanding accomplishments.

However things turn out tomorrow, be proud of those and the exceptional level of work you have accomplished. College applications are like a “speed dating” process where admissions authorities use an imperfect process to build a class. The process as it works today often rewards those who are extremely passionate about their interests and communicate that passion well… rather than, say, the incredibly focused introvert who is more reserved about self-promotion.

Despite their talented applicant pool, MIT can only enroll 1 out of every 25 applicants, and has other boxes to fill (such as recruited athletes) beyond just highest academic merit. It is unavoidable that 24 out of 25 applicants will be disappointed.

In life there is always another upcoming goal to strive towards - college, grad school, that first job, partnership/success, leadership roles, mentoring, and comfortable retirement. Let your focus be on outstanding work and the lives you touch in your calling and you will find that any small setbacks that occur will only open other doors in your path.

35 Likes

All love yo. Good luck to everybody

5 Likes

Best of luck to everyone today from the moderating team. Remember, regardless of the outcome, your admissions results do not define who you are.

22 Likes

Good luck to my fellow applicants on decisions today! I’m hoping many of you will join us EA admits virtually soon! For those that don’t get in: this isn’t an indicator of your character or academic achievements, and you might not fit the uncontrollables that the school may be looking for (international, race, etc.) Also, bear in mind that college acceptance shouldn’t be the goal in and of itself, but a tool to achieve your eventual dreams in life, something you can do at any University!

4 Likes

If not mit, lets go upenn

Why Upenn out of …? :thinking:

Goodluck to everyone!!! 4.5 hours left!

1 Like

Its been years long journey and a several months long application journey with MIT. At this point as a deferred applicant I don’t see any magic to happen unless there’s a divine intervention. Neverthless life moves on, it’s going to be hard to break the bond though. Good luck to all of you waiting for decisions.

6 Likes

MIT is a long-shot for everyone. My D applied for Neuroscience, so she is hoping it might help a tiny bit not to be one of the many CS and engineering applicants. Still, she knows the odds are not forever in her favor.

1 Like