My daughter wants to apply to medical school, again

Well I hope he has enough to retire on and doesn’t plan on needing his daughter’s support later on. No one is lending money for retirement. We have 5 kids, we never want to be a burden.

@pudiepie this parent has already supported their kid….who sounds like she is living very nicely with parent support…but doesn’t plan to do anything to improve her medical school application.

5 Likes

You presume that Ivy League expensive educations are the best. They can be for some, but they aren’t for the majority. What’s sad is how many people have bought into the myth that they are not realizing how much other places can offer.

Judgements about what people are spending their money on is off topic from the OP. Move on.

3 Likes

Back to the OPs question.

I think that the parents can provide moral support for this student to apply to medical school. They can offer temporary lodging at their home to help the student save money for applications…and to have a quiet place to study for the MCAT again, prepare the applications, and do the secondaries.

That would be a nice way to help this student IF the student really wants to get back on track and apply to medical school.

3 Likes

This.

2 Likes