My UA Visit

<p>Yesterday and today, I was in Tuscaloosa visiting, and it was a great experience. I scheduled my tour through the honors college and they gave me an itinerary planning my whole day from 8 am to 2 pm. Everything they had planned for me was useful and I gained tons of information through information sessions and meetings with current students and professors. The campus is the most beautiful I have seen, and it is much more welcoming and personalized than any other one of my college visit experiences. Everyone I met was so polite and the town was the perfect size. It isn’t overwhelming but you can definitely find everything necessary. Also, I could just sense the school spirit as the quad was being set up for gameday. Plus, there are plenty of food options.</p>

<p>I loved everything about Alabama, and I’m confident others will as well. This can be a thread about visit and tour experiences, I hope everyone else’s are as positive as mine!</p>

<p>By the way, one interesting fact they told me was that they accepted 60% out of state so far as opposed to 40% in state. My whole tour group was out of state students.</p>

<p>We did our tour in late June and had a similar experience. One thing I wanted to share: we had about a 45 minute meeting and discussion with a terrific young History professor, Prof. Andy Heubner. Really smart guy, very nice and eager to talk with us… in the middle of the summer… on a Friday afternoon! I doubt that there are many colleges in the country whose faculty would be that helpful or willing to meet prospective students, all of which bodes well for how they must be with actual students. </p>

<p>RTR</p>

<p>Glad to hear that you had a great visit!</p>

<p>Glad that you posted and that you had a great visit!!
Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Fabulous, but just one clarification. I think you meant that the percentage of freshman that UA enrolled last Fall, was 60 per cent OOS and 40 per cent in state. The overall acceptance rate last Fall was about 56 per cent. </p>

<p>Yes, my bad on that one. @atlanta68</p>

<p>Yeah, the campus seems big, but it really isn’t. The classes for one’s major tend to be in close buildings along with dorms, dining halls and rec centers.</p>

<p>Have you settled on Bama? Or would you attend scholarship weekends to other colleges if the offer came up? (I noticed you are a FL resident with alot of the same target schools as DS, and similar stats).</p>