National Hispanic Scholar NHRP Class of 2019

@WC4321 – so, my D got her award letter from UK, but it only mentioned the Bluegrass scholarship.
Did you need to point out the NHRP to help them along for the Patterson? Thx to all.

I think you do have to notify some schools. University of South Carolina sent us a postcard saying that they need notification by July 1st.

Northeastern is out for EA, anyone hear about NHRP award?

Hello @nhpm510. We had to scan and send my son’s NHRP info to the UK scholarship office. They then resent the academic award letter with the Patterson award.

I second that… my daughter scanned her certificate and letter and mailed it to the admissions office in order to get the official Patterson offer. She really liked her tour of UK, and it’s still in the running.

I think being a high achieving Hispanic student is really helping my daughter out even at schools that don’t actively recruit NHRP scholars. I’m glad we applied to schools on the NHRP list, as well as ones that weren’t. As I type this she is interviewing at the University of Oregon as a stamps foundation semi-finalist. It would be tuition free plus a “dream fund” for travel and research. Fingers crossed…

Yes- 35K at NEU

ArizonaParent- We were at the Stamps interview at UO also. I think maybe we met you at the hotel in the elevator on our way to the dinner? I totally agree with you that NHRP is a help at other schools as well. Good luck to your daughter!

ljrfrm - What a small world! Yes, I remember meeting you guys in the elevator. Good luck to you as well… I hope we hear back soon. Waiting is always the hardest part…

My DD has applied to Georgia Tech.