Needs some advice?

<p>So, degreeworks shows P for courses whose credits came from my AP score.</p>

<p>And I know that UAB med school accepts AP credits for math/science/physics with some extra coursework.</p>

<p>However, will it be competitive enough to compete with others who got As in STEM classes without AP credits?</p>

<p>Also, in orientation, there will be an adviser that will help me make my schedule, right?</p>

<p>There will be advisors to help you with your schedule at Bama Bound, but how helpful they are can vary. My D didn’t find the advisor she had to be particularly helpful. I’d go with a plan and a couple backup plans and work with the advisor to adjust or refine your plan as need be once you’re at BB.</p>

<p>there will be advisors, but frankly, we can help you with course selection, too.</p>

<p>I know that you are premed with some APs, …what scores/grades did you get? and did you feel that you got a strong foundation?</p>

<p>did you decide a major? is it math? or something else?</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>However, will it be competitive enough to compete with others who got As in STEM classes without AP credits?
<<<<</p>

<p>Not sure what you are asking.</p>

<p>My son is at UAB SOM and he used all of his APs. But he was a chemE major with minors in Bio, Chem, and Math, so he had lots of higher level classes. I am sure he looked stronger than another premed who just had the basics.</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids‌ I meant like this: For example, if person A has AP credit for BSC 117 while person B has</p>

<p>A+ in BSC 117 by stuyding in college, which one would grad school prefer?</p>

<p>However you indirectly answered my question; it seems like that as long as I have great grades in higher level of chem/bio/math, I will be a competitive applicant.</p>

<p>BTW this is my AP score</p>

<p>Bio:5(self taught…it was a lot of work)
Calc AB:5
Calc BC with Subscore AB: both 5 ( I am confident about this one because my teacher is the best</p>

<p>math teacher and he got teaching excellency awards from 2 ivy and 3 ivy level school)
Statistic: 5(had a good teacher as well)
Music theory:5
AP US Gov: 3 (definitely gonna use it. I HATE HISTORY…which is why this is the worst score I got)
Spanish Language:4(FYI, got placed in SP 300+ after placement)
Chem:5
Physics C Mechanic(not electricity!):4-I am not sure if i want to use this one. My physics teacher</p>

<p>was a real pain to every student. Only 13 out of his 33 student PASSED. Can you believe it?</p>

<p>I got 44 credits total.</p>

<p>Depending on what your major is - in engineering at UA there is physics with calculus, and so if you need physics with your UA curriculum, you may want to take the UA course (you can ask advisor, but other parents/students have given this kind of feedback). Degreeworks will show your AP - P, but when you take the course at UA, the course grade will take its place.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>