NESCAC Schools

@GKUnion, a minor disagreement. Actually, recruits get two shots (ED1 and ED2), but I do agree that something must have gone wrong to be deferred with a positive pre-read and full coach support. What we don’t know is whether 25 athletes who were actively recruited, had positive pre-reads, had OVs were either rejected or deferred. That is the suggestion from the post, but we don’t know that for an absolute fact. FWIW, if this was reported at Chicago or MIT, we’d just shrug it off - that’s the name of the game. From the NESCAC, we expect more certainty, but we don’t know exactly what happened in this instance.

My point simply is this: There are lots of recruits who have received terrific educations and have had great athletic careers at Wesleyan. I always worry about dissuading anyone from applying to any given school because of what we read on a public post. But, having this issue raised, if I was being recruited by Wesleyan, I certainly would want to find out exactly what happened and how it could be prevented in my case.

Questions can be posed to avoid evasion. 1. Were all recruits admitted who received positive pre-reads last year for your team. 2. How many were admitted. 3. How many were deferred? 4. Why were they deferred? 5. How many were rejected? 6. Why? 7. Were any other recruits for other teams with positive pre-reads either deferred or rejected? An answer of “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure” can be followed up by the request “Could you find out for us?”

6 Likes