New Futuro Website dedicated to helping Hispanic High School Students

<p>Yesterday there was a good article in "The Choice" Blog in the New York Times about being a first generation student applying to college and some tips to follow. I reviewed the comments section and saw some good things I want to share in this forum. </p>

<p>There is a new website "New Futuro" dedicated to helping Latino students get into college. It can be found at this link: New</a> Futuro - Helping Latinos Prepare, Apply, and Pay for College Although I have not had a chance to review it completely I want to bring up a couple of points I thought were good. </p>

<ol>
<li><p>The website and it's publications can also be read in Spanish so if you have a parent where they are more comfortable reading college related advice in Spanish then this is a great website. </p></li>
<li><p>Sign up to received their 38 page applying to college guide. I thought this guide was pretty good and comprehensive. There are worksheets with helpful information. For those of you who may be high school freshmen or sophomores this is an excellent game plan for you. </p></li>
<li><p>New Futuro holds regional events where a student can obtain free college admission advice. There are plans for a Latino college fair. I encourage everyone to check out the events page. </p></li>
</ol>

<p>In three years I have seen college websites finally being developed for Latino high school students. With websites such as "Get Me To College"-"I'm First" "Center for Student Opportunity" and now "New Futuro" I think Latino high school students have some good resources.</p>